PDA

View Full Version : Trip to So Cal, Any help?

fishingrick57
11-20-2006, 09:59 AM
Going down to Orange county area and was wondering if anyone knows of any spots that are hot right now?
my buddy just got a boat and is willing to go anywhere to catch fish. Doesnt matter what kind, he just wants to hook up.
Any help on So Cal fishing would be greatly appreciated.
Also was wondering if the stripper bight was on down there right now and where might it be. Thanks Rick

triggerfish
11-20-2006, 08:56 PM
It is very rare to catch stripers down there! My guess is that white sea bass is about the best thing going on,possabley a yellowtail. but most likely it will be whitefish,sheephead,and other bottom dwellers. If you do a google search on allcoast sportfishing you should find the so. cal fishing board. I hope this helps,and good luck. PS allow a lot of time for traffic.

fishingrick57
11-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Had a great time fishing so-cal over the weekend. Fished catalina island and caught lots of (makeral?) a bunch of rock fish and sculpin. Hooked into something big but broke the line before we got a chance to see it.
Best catch was a 5 1/2 lb sheep head. Had a blast and thanks to the people who replied with info for the trip.

gmdcdvm
11-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Don't know if you got my PM.

Don't know why you are going to OC, but if you launch out of Long Beach Catalina is closer.

Out of the OC there are a few spots. You can do ask your question here, www.allcoastsportfishing.com, or you can do a search. Try either the private boaters forum or the general info forum.
Most of those guys are from SD, OC, and LA and should be able to help.
Send me an email and I can give you more info.

gmdcdvm@hotmail.com