PDA

View Full Version : Beardsley Lake 6/28

insearchoffish
07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
On the water at 5:45 after little rest thanks to the logging trucks. Got the flasher and worm setup in the water and a tasmanian devil on the other pole and began trolling towards the damn. It may have taken 200 yards and the crawler rig got slammed. First fish is a new personal best brown, good way to start the day. Trolled my way around the north shore and all the way to the inlet. I should have known better, cause the wind was starting to pick up on the main lake when I entered the canyon. The 2 1/2 mile paddle back was brutal with whitewater coming into the yak occasionally. Luckily I have been doing a lot of paddling on moke/consumnes against the current this spring and I just charged it back. Only breaking to reel in a fish or two, each time losing hundreds of feet of hard earned progress. Off the water by 12:15 with 11 rainbows and the one brown. Forest route 52 / hells half acre here I come destination Boards Crossing.
11316 113181131711319

RideNfish
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Good job Kevin! Congrats on that brown. Were they close to the surface and to shore?
:cheers:

insearchoffish
07-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Good job Kevin! Congrats on that brown. Were they close to the surface and to shore?
:cheers:
I tried to stay in less than 30 feet of water, and as close to the shore as I could but staying in at least 14 ft. I caught rainbows all over. Caught the brown fairly close to shore but the water was pretty deep.

rainbowkiller
07-04-2012, 11:48 PM
:clap: I always wanted to catch a brown! thats awesome, is there any shore access for lil ol me up there? I love the scenery too. To me that is real trout fishing. Im tired of fishing for trout in the middle of the city.

insearchoffish
07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
:clap: I always wanted to catch a brown! thats awesome, is there any shore access for lil ol me up there? I love the scenery too. To me that is real trout fishing. Im tired of fishing for trout in the middle of the city.
There is a lot of shore access there, plenty for everyone!! If you want to catch a brown I think you would have better odds fishing in the afterbay. It is artifical barbless only but there are a lot of 12-15 inch browns. Im sure there are bigger ones as well, I just didnt catch any.