PDA

View Full Version : Alpine Lake 6/29

insearchoffish
07-01-2012, 09:16 PM
On the water at 6am, 1st thing big tangle and I undo my leader with hook and worm and end up dropping it in the water, off to a bad start. Put the flasher worm combo on one pole and a jointed gold and black rapala on the other and start my troll towards the damn. Depth finder really helps at this lake! First fish came on the rapala. The next 17 fish came on the flasher worm combo. I would let out line for 20-25 paddles (forgot my linecounter) then take no more than 20 or 30 more and I would catch a fish. They liked it slow!!!!!!!!!!!! Fish 18 + 19 were doubles (worm combo and criplure) and fish # 21 and 22 were doubles as well. I ended the day at noon with 34 rainbows up to pound/poun and half. Traded a kastmaster for some nightcrawlers with a nice guy from lodi who was board of catching them trolling and was casting lures instead. Needed them for Highland Lakes later this eve. I caught fish on flasher with worm, white powermouse, Blue/white grub, pink grub and various lures. Caught a few while still letting line out. I dont know if they just planted or what but it was the most fast and furious fishing I have ever experienced. The strange thing is a lot of bankies were packing it up empty handed after only getting a few bites.

CAL.NDN
07-01-2012, 09:26 PM
On the water at 6am, 1st thing big tangle and I undo my leader with hook and worm and end up dropping it in the water, off to a bad start. Put the flasher worm combo on one pole and a jointed gold and black rapala on the other and start my troll towards the damn. Depth finder really helps at this lake! First fish came on the rapala. The next 17 fish came on the flasher worm combo. I would let out line for 20-25 paddles (forgot my linecounter) then take no more than 20 or 30 more and I would catch a fish. They liked it slow!!!!!!!!!!!! Fish 18 + 19 were doubles (worm combo and criplure) and fish # 21 and 22 were doubles as well. I ended the day at noon with 34 rainbows up to pound/poun and half. Traded a kastmaster for some nightcrawlers with a nice guy from lodi who was board of catching them trolling and was casting lures instead. Needed them for Highland Lakes later this eve. I caught fish on flasher with worm, white powermouse, Blue/white grub, pink grub and various lures. Caught a few while still letting line out. I dont know if they just planted or what but it was the most fast and furious fishing I have ever experienced. The strange thing is a lot of bankies were packing it up empty handed after only getting a few bites.
Your killing me!!!!!!

insearchoffish
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Your killing me!!!!!!
Only three threads more I promise

redneckpunk
07-01-2012, 10:47 PM
Just 3? lol. The all the great reports. What an amazing trip you had.

~RNP

insearchoffish
07-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Just 3? lol. The all the great reports. What an amazing trip you had.

~RNP
It was an amazing trip!! Though I just realized all my dates are mixed up on thread titles, Oh well

Bainter1212
07-02-2012, 06:29 AM
Nice fish dude! Looks like I bring all the bad luck......I gotta get me a kayak.