PDA

View Full Version : South bay sharks

hookncook
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Started drifting the flats with smelt and shiners But the drift was bad so we headed To "A" bouy.Got 3 keeper lepords kept one 52 incher. Two 7-gill one about 2 foot the other about 4 foot (both released).Also got a couple of rays. The gills were on squid and the leps were on trout. Not very good tides but gave it a shot.Windy all day long.

Know_Excuses
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Started drifting the flats with smelt and shiners But the drift was bad so we headed To "A" bouy.Got 3 keeper lepords kept one 52 incher. Two 7-gill one about 2 foot the other about 4 foot (both released).Also got a couple of rays. The gills were on squid and the leps were on trout. Not very good tides but gave it a shot.Windy all day long.

LOL Good job, prepare yourself, you might get some dont use trout as bait comments.I dont know about the bay, but you cant use them in the delta.Whats is the keeper size on 7 gill??

hookncook
10-29-2006, 06:43 PM
I don't know about the trout but I'm pretty sure it's legal. There is no size limit on 7-gill, but there aren't that many left in the bay so I figure I should let them go just be very carful of there teeth.

FF_MYRL
10-29-2006, 07:45 PM
Sounds like a good day fishing. I use koke heads for bait all the time, they work great. Thats the only reason I fish for kokes (for bait).

BigNick
11-03-2006, 04:52 PM
Leapords have been hot off of the dumbarton pier this last week along with some stripers.. Im going to head out there after work