PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Loon Lake?

dirty530
07-27-2012, 11:33 AM
Going camping up at Loon lake with my buddy Goober for his birthday. Any advice for this lake? Are there any creeks/rivers nearby? I don't see anything flowing into or out of Loon from Google maps. Thanks for any input

Dirty

dirty530
07-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Or any tips/reviews of Junction Reservoir - right below Union Valley Reservoir - would be appreciated!

insearchoffish
07-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Or any tips/reviews of Junction Reservoir - right below Union Valley Reservoir - would be appreciated!
+1 Im going to Junction res and Union on monday was curious about it also.

Jfitalia
07-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Going camping up at Loon lake with my buddy Goober for his birthday. Any advice for this lake? Are there any creeks/rivers nearby? I don't see anything flowing into or out of Loon from Google maps. Thanks for any input

Dirty

I know nothing about junction, but Loon you can do good at either dam. Throw kastmasters early throw some gulp eggs or PB on another rod.

dsa2780
07-28-2012, 08:21 PM
I remember going camping up there a few years ago with my family.

Basically during the day, we deep trolled various sling blade dodgers with Apex lures and managed to land a few smaller sized Mackinaw as well as the rainbows.

As soon as the sun starts to set, the rainbows get really aggressive and start feeding like crazy at the surface. Get closer to the shoreline and troll Rapala original floating minnows in firetiger. It makes for some quality evening topwater action.

If you're on the shore, just get out there early during the early morning or evening and cast kastmasters, roostertails, and other hardware while you baitfish a nightcrawler or PB combo.