PDA

View Full Version : LINGS !!!

salmonkng
10-19-2006, 03:49 PM
I'M THINKING ABOUT GOING OUT BUT DON'T KNOW WHERE EVEN THOUGH EVERY WHERE IS GOOD WHERE R THE BIG ONES GETTING COUGHT!!! ;)

reellentless
10-19-2006, 07:24 PM
My clients got 2 over 20# last weekend and near limits of 8#-10#s fishing just above the totem pole at Timbercove fishing in 80-90ft. Big ones came hitchhiking and smaller ones came on 6" white scampis. Hope this helps. Capt Bob

SLOfisher
10-19-2006, 08:27 PM
Capt. Bob:

We're still getting nice red's at around 160' - 180', but have noticed that the ling count has gone down. I see that you are getting them at 90'. Being rather new to this whole ocean fishing thing, I have a question. Do the ling's move into shallower water later in the season for some reason? I mean, I like catching nice red's, but I would like to get a few more decent ling's before the season ends here at the end of this month.

triggerfish
10-19-2006, 09:19 PM
S.L.O. in the monthes of dec-march the females come up from the deep water to spawn.

reellentless
10-20-2006, 07:42 AM
SLO, Yes the Lings are starting to come up on the Reefs to feed on the schoolies and to get ready for there spawn. Ling season does not end until Nov 30, and rockfish continues thru Dec. Capt. Bob

SLOfisher
10-20-2006, 12:35 PM
SLO, Yes the Lings are starting to come up on the Reefs to feed on the schoolies and to get ready for there spawn. Ling season does not end until Nov 30, and rockfish continues thru Dec. Capt. Bob (Reel-Lentless)

Thanks, Capt. Bob. I'm in the Central Coast (Morro Bay) area, and our season ends at the end of this month, but I might just have to go north of Point Lopez a ways so I can fish longer.

Calincalif50
10-20-2006, 07:54 PM
HOPING TO CATCH A COUPLE NICE LINGS ON SUNDAY ON THE PARTY BOAT I'VE BOOKED. DON'T REALLY LIKE TO HASSLE WITH THE NUMEROUS ANGLERS, BUT SINCE I DON'T HAVE MY OWN OCEAN GOING VESSEL OR KNOW ANYONE WHO DOES....YOU TAKE WHAT YOU CAN GET. I HEAR THE LINGS HAVE BEEN RESONABLE OFF PT. SAL TO PT ARGUELLO. ANY ONE KNOW THE CHANCES OF GETTING ANY BUTTS IN THIS SAME AREA?

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FISHING SLO

pipelayer
10-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Hello fellow fisherman...... I catch lings on a spreader bar,useing bait. anyone else use this technique. Bottom fishin in bodaga is only 120ft.

triggerfish
10-22-2006, 09:28 PM
We are permited to go as deep as 180ft. now!