PDA

View Full Version : sea sick pills=

1 wheel
10-17-2006, 08:15 AM
love to fish the ocean b ut i get sea sick

thanks

Salmon1
10-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Call your doctor and have him prescribe Scopace. It is oral Scopolamine and is VERY effective. I have tried most every other treratment and it is the only thing that CONSISTENTLY works for me. ;D

hqly2001
10-17-2006, 08:46 AM
Call your doctor and have him prescribe Scopace. It is oral Scopolamine and is VERY effective. I have tried most every other treratment and it is the only thing that CONSISTENTLY works for me. ;D

what side effects do you notice?

blue_chrush
10-17-2006, 01:10 PM
dry mouth
blured vision
headachs
balance issues
impaired driving skills
memory recall
loss of appitite
sleepiness
feeling cold
the shakes
ringing in ears
incheyness
sometimes a rash
errectile disfuction 24hrs

other than that, at least you didn't puke......... [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif] [smiley=rotfl2.gif]

if you get sea sick and love to fish.....
go to costco and get......
MECLIZINE HCI by sandoz 25mg
they will run you 6.00 for 100 pills....
these are the generic brand non drozy formula
of a scopace brand pill and are like bonine.....
the price is right and one pill an hour before going
will last you all day 8hrs+
most other brands will only go 4hrs...
the side effects are almost nothing compaired to others out there...
so I'm told by my oldest who pukes at the docks.....
scopace is great but is by doctors orders only and will run
you about 3.00+ a patch plus the visit, as you will have to go
in to get the RX paper.....
consult your doctor on giving sea sick meds to childern 12 and under....
and you older guys,[like me..lol],, should check with the doc too if your taking other meds other than over the conter stuff.......

jgr7
10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Here check out this link on scopace. Scopace is the pill form of the scopolamine patch, less side affects and is much cheaper. Meclizine Hydrochloride 25mg is the less drowsy formula of Dramamine not scopolamine. Original formula Dramamine is Dimenhydrinate 50mg. I always had better luck with the original formula, I haven't got a chance to try the Scopace yet.

http://www.fishsniffer.com/cgi-bin/forumsyabb/YaBB.pl?num=1157210042

http://www.scopace.com/
Jeff

Rusty_Hooks
10-17-2006, 06:27 PM
Steve, you dog....I paid 10.00 at longs and thought I had found the deal ;D ;D

Salmon1
10-19-2006, 12:22 PM
The only side effect I have ever experienced PERSONALLY is the dryness of mouth. I am constantly drinking water whenever I use the Scopace, but then again, drinking water is a good thing anytime. I have heard many success stories with Meclezine as well, but it was not effective enough for me. I am one of those people who are just prone to motion sickness and when I found out Scopace worked, I stuck with it. My Dr. is kind enough to fill a RX for me on these without an office visit, so it works out to about .30 a dose for me.