PDA

View Full Version : bodega bay salmon

gordon rogers
08-11-2012, 01:03 PM
how is fishing for salmon around bodega bay i heard it was slow fishing past two weeks. the transition from deep to shallow waters will happen any day? wil morrow of wil's fishing told me on phone. fishing will bust wide open.????

iggybabble
08-13-2012, 06:36 PM
It might have been great today, and then tomorrow might suck! Or vice versa.....it's been a good season, and August, September frequently combine calmer seas and good fishing, with bigger fish getting more common. None of the fishermen possess crystal balls, however, so I can only suggest that you try to get current reports at least 2-3 times a week, then plan a trip on a day or two's notice after you've had some good reports. While it's not a Bodega report, I call a recorded message run by the 3 Capts that fish kind of a partnership outta Sausalito, it's for the New Rayann, Hog Heaven, and Outer Limits, and it's 415 927-4529........someone may run a similar recorded, daily updated report out of Bodega......

Seon
08-14-2012, 07:02 AM
It's one of those "Be a reporter" or "Be a reader"...just got to get out there and see for yourself.

This is what I read of Bodega:

Salmon fishing was again very slow over the weekend but we have some good news ... The word is that a big school of fish is pushing south towards Bodega Bay and these fish could be on our doorstep by late this coming week. The downside is that the water conditions are still very clear off the Sonoma coast but water temp is low at 52 degrees. If we see some brown water and any increase in the amount of feed it does look like we will see a good salmon bite break back open late next week. The weather was dead calm today with just a breath of breeze over a 3 foot swell. The forecast calls for light winds and fog again on Monday.

FishFINattick
08-14-2012, 08:48 AM
All the reports I hear about say the Krill and bait fish have moved
out of the area. Might want to focus your attention on Duxberry
and the Marin shoreline now.