PDA

View Full Version : 10-7 Report, Lings and Cod

dbass
10-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Went out to the islands, limits of lings and assortment of rockcod, won the kitty with 30+ lb ling, 5 nice vermillion, one boccacio, and 6 large yellow tails. Went with the Goldeneye 2000, awesome captain, kept us away from the blues / blacks. We caught sandabs for bait and he also had live anchovies and a few mackeral. I caught my ling with a live mackeral w/ a glow in the dark hoochie in front. There was a guy in the bow , that caught about 9 lings on a 12oz jig with a white scampi. My sack of fish weighed about 120 lbs. This is the best fishing I've had in the last 15 years. I got pics, will follow after developing. ;D

tattooed_angler
10-09-2006, 08:50 AM
they do like them macks [smiley=bananachaga.gif]

mike22ca
10-09-2006, 08:51 AM
Great report Dbass! Those Lings LOVE them mackarel!

CORN
10-09-2006, 11:55 AM
Killer sack dbass. Way to go. That's a good captain. A lot of charter boats will put you on big blk/blu schools to make life easier on them. Looking forward to seeing those pix.

pgfisherman
10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
sounds like a great day, cant wait to see the pics

decapod
10-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Good to hear the skipper steered you off them blues! My last trip out of HMB, about a month back, we stopped 30 mins out of the harbor. 1-2lb blues all day long. Man I was p***ed off. Turned me off of rockfish for a while...I've actually been bass fishing in lakes ::) A 120lb sack might get me out there though... ;)

keciga1
10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Nice, I've heard alot of good things about that boat and captain, this adds on another one. Great job and thanks for the report.

slick88
10-09-2006, 06:02 PM
Good to hear the skipper steered you off them blues! My last trip out of HMB, about a month back, we stopped 30 mins out of the harbor. 1-2lb blues all day long. Man I was p***ed off. Turned me off of rockfish for a while...I've actually been bass fishing in lakes ::) A 120lb sack might get me out there though... ;)

Which HMB boat was this?

Generally, most of the HMB boats stay local and some will go to the Farallones.

Polebrother
10-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Agree. *Hard to find a better boat and captain. *He's put us on great fish all three trips I've made with him during last two months. *All of his energies are directed at providing the best day possible for all of his clients, i.e., plenty big fish and deckhands who put anglers first by providing fist-class, hands-on assistance all day. *We limited out on rocks and lings last week. *I won't mention the name of the person who earned the $165 jackpot as that might be considered bragging by some. ;D * Lastly, the Golden Eye 2000 is a catamaran which makes it faster than other typical party boats. * *Great experience in every way. *Can hardly wait to get back out there!* Note: *Don't be confused as there is also a boat called the New Golden Eye. *I've not fished on the New Golden Eye so can't comment on its customer service.

dbass
10-13-2006, 11:16 AM
PB were using dabs? When I went 2 weeks ago, the Cap said live anchovies were finishing up pretty soon. I would have 2nd that on the captain and crew, on desire to get quality fish.