PDA

View Full Version : What's the name of this place?

bretmoua
10-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Guys, I'm wondering what this place is called. As you are heading north on the golden gate there is an exit as soon as you past the bridge. Talking that exit down, you will come to the bay. I think, if you continue left, you'll go into sausalito. If you make a right, you will go to a place that has coast guard boats. There is also a little pier there. The pier is not long and straight but yet, it's more like a big square. Standing on the pier and looking up, you will see the golden gate bridge right above you. Here's my question, what's the name of this pier and is there any good fishing there? If the fishing is good, what species of fish is regularly caught there and the bait of choice.
Hope this makes sense. 8-)

Fish_R_Us
10-03-2006, 08:54 AM
I do believe that the name of the pier is the Fort Baker Pier, and is good for crabbing and fishing. Check out the pierfishing.com website on info related to then pier.

vito
10-03-2006, 10:14 AM
Tiburon??

Big_Easy
10-03-2006, 10:30 AM
I think he is referring to Fort Baker Pier. *You catch smelt, sharks, rockfish and crabs. *Walk to the top of the hill east of the pier and you can try for salmon with a sliding rig. *Never seen any salmon caught but there is people that fish that spot for them. *Oh yeah sand dabs on the bottom.

red_dog
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
bretmoua

What is that a picture of? Fish, Plesiosaur or what?

The_Reel_Won
10-03-2006, 09:03 PM
Also the closest boat launch out the gate that I know of

bretmoua
10-03-2006, 09:42 PM
red dog,
This is just one of the many fish that were washed up on shore after hurricane katrina last year. To see more weird looking fish that were washed up, you can visit the site strange zoo.com and type in strange creatures of the deep. Or you can simply do a search for it on google or any search engine. You'll be amazed at the strange creatures that were washed up. I've been putting up a lot lately. :o

bigworm
10-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Ugly is what that is! Makes my stomach turn just lookin at it.

badbobfishing33
10-05-2006, 12:59 PM
thats one ugly fish man what the hell is it???

AllFishNoWork
10-05-2006, 04:28 PM
exit as soon as you past the bridge.
I could be wrong, but I think the first exit is for the crapper and view point.

guycognito
10-05-2006, 04:29 PM
It looks like some sort of chimera.

red_dog
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
guyconito you are right it is a Longnose Chimera. Strangest looking sea creature I've ever seen.

MB_Kevin
10-06-2006, 06:34 PM
. *Strangest looking sea creature I've ever seen. *

You should see some of the others he has put up. It makes that one almost look normal :o

Rusty_Hooks
10-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Just be careful of the ramp....you must back in around a corner and the drop off the edge hasn't been kept up

The coast guard won't tow you out if you get hooked on the edge :P

Be careful

The_Reel_Won
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM

Just be careful of the ramp....you must back in around a corner and the drop off the edge hasn't been kept up

The coast guard won't tow you out if you get hooked on the edge :P

Be careful

Yeah I wouldn't *drop in less then a minus 3 and who ever backs in *your rig better be nimble if he wants to go with you. *;D

Rock_Hopper
10-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Just an FYI - those fish are all real, but were not washed up by Katrina or the Tsunami (as is most often claimed).

Snopes.com, fellas!