PDA

View Full Version : Archery??

aka Americansteel
08-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Well did anybody hunt this weekend? I went up for opening morning around Icehouse/Wrights lake and saw 8 rigs and not a sigle deer. Heard of a nice buck killed outta Foresthill and a bear and a buck killed somewhere around Trinity

bretmoua
08-22-2012, 07:25 AM
I was out all day Saturday and ran into two nice looking bucks in the morning but couldn't get a shot off. The first one came at almost 7 am that was a 3X4 which was standing broadside at 90 yards away. The second one was a 5X5 that I spooked when I sat down to snack on a snack. He overheard me and took off and stopped about 110 yards away just to look or laugh at me. Saw the nice rack perfectly too. That was the highlight of my day. Nothing else after that.
Anyone else out there able to land one?

trout wrangler
08-23-2012, 01:53 AM
I didn't see any bucks but my brother got a nice 15inch forkie. After he shot it he said a big 4X4 bolted off down the canyon. We were hunting up near the Yolla Bollies in Trinity county

smithstation
08-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Passed up a few small forks and a 17 or so inch 2x3. He has a small crab claw for the 3rd point. Not what I am looking to harvest on private ground. It seems to be the start we had last year. Even fewer deer this year... Hopefully it will be an early winter and get some weather in to move things around. Good luck to all!!