PDA

View Full Version : Sharkin' Report 10/8/2006 - S-L-O-W

mike22ca
10-08-2006, 06:53 PM
Well Joe, Smeja, my ladies uncle and myself did the shark thing today but for some reason there was a serious lack of leopards at our normal spot. Rememeber how I said nothing but leopards in our spot? Well aparently the rays and smoothounds kicked the leopards out LOL! We didn't get a one leopard in our normal spot :(. We hit a spot behind treasure island and it was ok, but we ended up over off of hunters point. Only managed 3 keeper leopards. Smeja banged 2, and I got one nice sized one. I guess you can't win them all. Beautiful day out on the water though. It was interesting to see a huge aircraft carrier with a full wing of planes and a destroyer in the bay. The Coast Guard and small Navy boats were out in full force checking everyone including us, but we passed the inspection.

keciga1
10-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Good to hear that you guys were out on the water. Thank you for the report.

jerdh71
10-08-2006, 07:57 PM
thanks for the update. I think your the only ones getting out there. I m counting down the days till my next trip. What do they look for on your boats, life jackets, ores, horn/noise maker, fire extinglisher anything else?

Know_Excuses
10-09-2006, 06:26 AM
thanks for the update. I think your the only ones getting out there. I m counting down the days till my next trip. What do they look for on your boats, life jackets, ores, horn/noise maker, fire extinglisher anything else?

LOL I was just gonna ask the same thing ;D ;D

tattooed_angler
10-09-2006, 08:54 AM
They ask for life vests for all passenders on the boat, they checked the fire extinguisher and made sure it was up to standards. asked if I had a horn which blew up on me when I tried to make it work. *They all got a kick outta that but procedded to ask if I had a whistle which I did so they said it was ok as long as you had a whistle. *And lastly a flare gun which I did not have but said that if we were past the gate or in open ocean they would have to cite me. *So that was good to know. *

They were hella cool and very friendly. *But they really were not out there to checking for vests. *They were ther protecting the air craft carrier. for I used to live and work on one for 4 years in norfolk virgina. *So trust me I know especially when two 22 foot gun ships cruize buy with three 50 cals mounted on the boat. *But seeing a carrier brings back fond memories of being back in the NAVY.

Know_Excuses
10-09-2006, 09:22 AM
They ask for life vests for all passenders on the boat, they checked the fire extinguisher and made sure it was up to standards. asked if I had a horn which blew up on me when I tried to make it work. *They all got a kick outta that but procedded to ask if I had a whistle which I did so they said it was ok as long as you had a whistle. *And lastly a flare gun which I did not have but said that if we were past the gate or in open ocean they would have to cite me. *So that was good to know. *

They were hella cool and very friendly. *But they really were not out there to checking for vests. *They were ther protecting the air craft carrier. for I used to live and work on one for 4 years in norfolk virgina. *So trust me I know especially when two 22 foot gun ships cruize buy with three 50 cals mounted on the boat. *But seeing a carrier brings back fond memories of being back in the NAVY.

WOW 3 things I cant picture in my mind about that post.You in the navy, you with a tight haircut and no tattoos, and you living in norfolk virgina!!! :o :o

tattooed_angler
10-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I have a pic of me
no tattoos
no fat earings
and high and tight haircut
also 50 lbs lighter !
bty they never asked about the oars but I know you have to have one atleast.

mike22ca
10-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Oars? Who needs Oars...we'd just throw you out of the boat and make you kick lol. Maybe get a little sevengill attention LOL

CORN
10-09-2006, 12:01 PM
Nice job fellas. At least you caught some. But, but ... what about sturgeon? Catch any lately?? :)

Oars? You sure about that? What good is an oar out in the ocean, except for whacking sea lions when they jump on your stearn. ;D And flare guns, or flares are only required on boats 16 feet and longer, right? Just checking... I haven't been boarded yet.

mike22ca
10-09-2006, 12:05 PM
[quote author=Corn link=1160362434/0#8 date=1160424096]Nice job fellas. *At least you caught some. *But, but ... what about sturgeon? *Catch any lately?? *:)

LOL just a couple ::)

kromebrite
10-09-2006, 05:07 PM
Any day fishing is a good day, OMO ;)
Maybe they have started the big shift since the females have already dropped the young?
I hear that November and Dec. can be kick-butt in SPB. I'm conviced that they move to different areas different times of the year.

tattooed_angler
10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
corn check out da dino board. We have caught a few brother! :o

bigworm
10-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Out at Alcrataz Saturday for the Blue Angles AND some fishin. Each of us caught 1-2 small leopards (5 total) - biggest around 28 inches. Many boating fools out - all of which own sail boats! Some crazy things this weekend. Boats hitting other boats (F^%&ing sailboats) Million dollars yahchts taking off with other boats anchor lines attached [smiley=clap.gif]. CRAZY STUFF *[smiley=seestars.gif] Saw some nice stripers when we got back to the launch being caught out by the pump house. I'll be back next year for sure - I'm bringing a weapon though ;D

tattooed_angler
10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
kool day you had there. and your right there was a gang of sail boats out there!!

CORN
10-10-2006, 08:48 AM
corn check out da dino board. *We have caught a few brother! :o

Ok, I'll check it out. One of those boards I never visit. I saw your pix on Coastside. WTG!