PDA

View Full Version : Bodega Bay Sportfishing

marcn2
08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
We booked a 6 pack through Bodega Bay Sportfishing on Saturday 8/25/12.
They charged $175.00 per person.
Gear rental was $25.00 per person.
We had to buy the bait extra.
We had to buy their shrimp flies extra. Many of which the hooks snapped just below the barb.
We had to tie our own gear up. They didnt even offer to help.
We had to cut our own bait.
We asked to try Salmon fishing, they refused.
The boat was very uncomfortable to fish from. There was approx. 6" between the engine cover and the side.
The boat was slow and smelled awful in the cabin.
The Skipper was taking personal calls periodically throughout the day.
The Rockfish were about 2#. Very small.
The 2 biggest Lings were knocked off by the Skipper with his gaff. Then he tells us we are bringing the Lings in wrong!!
Our recomendation...... NEVER AGAIN WITH BODEGA BAY SPORTFISHING.
Good luck to all,
Marcn2

white_cap
08-27-2012, 11:24 AM
MAN, That really SUCKS !

YoungAsianFisher
08-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and waste of money. It would be nice if you got compensated with at least a partial refund... Thanks for letting the community know about their poor service.

smithstation
08-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Just knowing their prices seems way high and then having to rent gear, I would have looked around a bit more. THere are other 6 pack boats around that are cheaper and way better. Sorry you had a bad time and thanks for letting us know not to book through them. Maybe ask on the board next time and there are lots of guys on here that can set you up with a more reputable guide and service. Better luck next time.

Mako
08-27-2012, 02:01 PM
It's not to late you can probably get on a charter for Tuna outa SC or Monterey for that price and load your freezer up.

Did the guy fillet your fish or did he hack that one too?

Sorry to hear, I gues that's why I like to fish on my own boat.

brokea--boater
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I hope you didn't tip and explain why. Did you complain to the person who took your reservation? Good post btw. You explained the bad service and hidden cost without personal attacks. I booked a great Capt. with a awesome boat in Mexico using info and pm from others on another fishing forum prior to booking. At booking time, ask lots of questions about what ALL the cost and what to bring or not. Its common for the Capt. to pick species based on latest bite info. If you still want to target something else tell them at the time of booking your trip. Your post will warn others from having a bad experiance. A positive trip and posting it helps us too.

CRABBY
08-28-2012, 11:25 AM
OK guys ya got your point across,Rick Powers is/was the capt.of that boat,so if he or anyone associated with it wish to PM ME their side of the story this thread is done for now......Don....Yeah I know,I know, I'm a kill joy...

CRABBY
08-28-2012, 11:31 AM
One other thing I always wonder about,the Sniffer has so many guides an charter boats advertising here an the Sniffer mag,an a huge member base to ask Q's from, we should never hear this kind of complaint!!!!....Don.....PS,just want to add that even though ad's keep us afloat we will not let bad people, guides,advertisers or otherwise be here once we find out,BUT,theirs always two sides to every story an sometimes we just can't agree an have to call t as we see fit....D

CRABBY
08-29-2012, 12:59 PM
First off I wasn't there so really what happened an why isn't known to me,But common sense say's something isn't jiving!!!!!!!
Second after researching Rick Powers everywhere I knew of he an his crew seem to be stand up people willing to go the extra mile.
So as far as this board is concerned that's our official standing,take it or leave it..I'll fish with him anyday....Don