PDA

View Full Version : Coastal weather for the Labor Day weekend

seaniken
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Apparently, affected by the remnants of hurricane ileana, there is a long SW swell that's 3-5' accompanied by the typical 4-5' W swell. Typically the SW swell is 1-2'. Would a mixed swell of this size be a lumpy one? I'm looking to get out there at some point over the weekend but I'm not looking to get sloshed around too badly all day. Potato Patch?

SAT W WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AT 7 SECONDS AND SW 3 TO 5 FT AT 18 SECONDS. PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. PATCHY DRIZZLE IN THE MORNING.
SAT NIGHT NW WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. NW SWELL 3 TO 5 FT AND SW 3 TO 5 FT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.
SUN SW WINDS 5 KT...BECOMING NW 5 TO 15 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS...BECOMING 3 TO 4 FT. MIXED SWELL NW 3 TO 5 FT AND SW 3 TO 4 FT. PATCHY NIGHT AND MORNING FOG.
LABOR DAY W WINDS 10 KT. WIND WAVES 2 FT OR LESS. MIXED SWELL NW 3 TO 5 FT AND SW 3 FT. PATCHY FOG.

striperking13
08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
Same here, i am wanting to go out and do some rockfish around duxbury coming out of the gate. But i am hesitating because of that storm that is passing by. I dont want to be get into any trouble that far up north with my 18'. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. FISH ON

Skipjacker707
09-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I wondered the same thing.. Weather looks do-able I think.. Might give it a shot tmrw at least for the morning hours