PDA

View Full Version : Rockfishing at the Islands

fbanaria
10-02-2006, 01:06 PM
Went out last Saturday at the Farallon Islands. Absolutely gorgeous and flat dead calm water that day! On our way we saw a pod of humpback whales. Nice nature watching. We drifted on the ridge between the Pimple and the main islands and scored right away with big quality blues. We drifted on different areas and hit our limits of cabezone on one. The other rockfishes caught were china, copper, and olive. Only 1 keeper ling because a lot of the lings we caught were all an inch or two under 24".

It's worth going out on the islands at this time.

Happy Fishing!

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5452/382575crewhs5.jpg

CORN
10-02-2006, 03:02 PM
Nice pile o fish ya got there. Way to go!

keciga1
10-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Nice job. The islands are amazing. Last time I went there it was freezing in the morning.

slick88
10-02-2006, 08:47 PM
Was this on a party boat? Which one?

Went out last Saturday at the Farallon Islands. Absolutely gorgeous and flat dead calm water that day! On our way we saw a pod of humpback whales. Nice nature watching. We drifted on the ridge between the Pimple and the main islands and scored right away with big quality blues. We drifted on different areas and hit our limits of cabezone on one. The other rockfishes caught were china, copper, and olive. Only 1 keeper ling because a lot of the lings we caught were all an inch or two under 24".

It's worth going out on the islands at this time.

Happy Fishing!

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/5452/382575crewhs5.jpg

fbanaria
10-03-2006, 07:47 AM
It was on a private boat called Fishing Luhrs, docked at Half Moon Bay, and skippered by Captain Mike of Coastside Fishing Club. *He had an open spot that Saturday for a hitchhiker so I tagged along.

There are a few party boats out of Half Moon Bay making trips to the islands. *One of them, Tigerfish, I heard was pretty good. *We actually fished side by side with that boat on one drift. *You can book a trip there through Huck Finn Center (650) 726-7133. *Check their site at huckfinnsportfishing.com.