PDA

View Full Version : carson river question

Fishinjib
09-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Hey guys, i wanted to take my dad out fishing in the mountians. lately i have been hearing a lot about carson river. Are there any camgrounds on the river where we can camp and fish?

thanks in advance.

FishinJib

iggybabble
09-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Carson river covers a lot of real estate,and yes there are plenty of campgrounds along it. I'm more familiar with the East Carson near Markleeville. You can camp right along the road in several spots upstream from Carson River Resort, both recognized campgrounds and simple pull offs that are along the river. The resort is run by a guy named Todd, who is your best source for current fishing intel along that stretch of the river and in other local waters......parts of the West Carson aren't far away either, and you have options to camp along it as well. Both are well worth fishing!

Fishinjib
09-03-2012, 09:49 AM
thanks for the great info! i was looking at hope valley campgrounds. but i will look into the easten end of the river closer to the resort like you said.

thanks!

Captain Compassion
09-03-2012, 12:18 PM
The West Carson is quite low but both the DFG and Alpine County are still stocking fish. You can camp at Hope Valley CG. This is two miles off 88 on the Blue Lakes Road. The river is right across the road. There is a campground at Kit Carson just east of Sorensen's. There is another campground at Crystal Springs at the bottom of the canyon just west of Woodfords. In the Canyon between Sorensen's and Woodords there are many primative places to camp. Just pull of the road. Be careful with fire. It's very dry right now.

CC

Jetspray
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
You could also camp at Indian Creek Resivour and travel a little to fish, I'm just sayin'.........Jetspray

49erbassman
09-03-2012, 02:11 PM
+1 for kit Carson. Great for family camping since the restrooms are clean and they have running water. Some sites are close to the river We stayed there last month and can't wait to go back!

Fishinjib
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
thanks for all the good info guys! i will look into all these campgrounds.

Thanks!

iggybabble
09-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Heck, find a campground you like for several days.......and fish ALL the waters close by! Both East and West Carson sections, indian creek reservoir, Markleeville creek, Wolf creek.....everything is nearby, and with the Labor Day holiday in the books, it should be real nice, and uncrowded...........best of luck, Bob

Bainter1212
09-03-2012, 06:04 PM
I personally prefer camping along blue lakes road, in the Hope Valley area myself. Its beautiful, its free and its a lot cooler there because you are still on the west slope. 5 min to west Carson, 20 min to Markleeville and the East Carson. Drive up about 5-7 miles up the road and camp in the big meadow on the right.

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk 2

Fishinjib
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Heck, find a campground you like for several days.......and fish ALL the waters close by! Both East and West Carson sections, indian creek reservoir, Markleeville creek, Wolf creek.....everything is nearby, and with the Labor Day holiday in the books, it should be real nice, and uncrowded...........best of luck, Bob

i like this game plan!!!