PDA

View Full Version : New Camera.....is it any good?

Reel Fun
09-11-2012, 08:15 PM
So my wife wanted a new camera......when we were at Costco she found one! A Nikon D5100 SLR and I am wondering...is it any good? It was $1000.00 and it comes with a 55mm lens and a 300mm lens. It says it takes true 1080P HD videos as well. Any thoughts on this camera?

Reel Fun

BIG_ONE
09-16-2012, 03:01 PM
If your not into heavy photography where every single detail and what not must be precise. Then it's a damn good camera for us amateur picture guys...

luckyduck
09-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Most of the new dslr's are good cameras. Nikon puts out a good product as well as Cannon. The questions that you need to ask is what type of camera do your friends shoot with, and what type of photography will you be doing. If your friends all shoot with a Nikon then you will want to go with that brand, The reason is lens are expensive. If your friend has a couple of lens and you have a couple of diffrent lens then that will save you some money on the front side. (The lens is your eyes to the world don't skimp) Next is what type of shooting will you be doing. If you plan on doing weddings or pro stuff then no it's not a good camera for you. If you want to learn photography or for travel and this will be to see if it is something that you like. Then yes it is a good camera. I like and have been shooting with Nikons for several years. The key is to learn your equipment. Take classes ask questions. Then remember the ABC of photography (Always Bring Camera)
Hope this helps