Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Boat Purchase - Questions RE: Top, Troll & Bait

Quote Originally Posted by Hookem2004 View Post
    Did the OP buy a new boat and if so what boat and what top option did you buy.

I went with a aluminum hard top and soft top on the front. They just unbutton when it gets too hot.
    We had several pleasant conversations. Not sure if he has made a decision yet but it won't be mine because mine has a new home in Washington State.

Post Thanks / Like

Did the OP buy a new boat and if so what boat and what top option did you buy.

I went with a aluminum hard top and soft top on the front. They just unbutton when it gets too hot.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

"Along with others, I agree--The Seahawk on the boat classified board is a great deal, ready to go!" Brother you ain't kidding, greatness comes at a great price, and it fits the bill...….Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

New Boat Purchase - Questions RE: Top, Troll & Bait

Here’s the link. You won’t find a better cared for “used boat”. Anyone that knows Steve or has fished with him can attest to how anal he is with his gear....probably not even a water spot on it. And by the term “used” doesn’t do it justice as he hasn’t had it long enough to use it. I think if any of us were truly in the market right now for what you described, this boat would be on the top of the list

For Sale By Owner: 2017 North River SeaHawk 22 - 75,000.00
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...7&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by redneckpunk; 01-09-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here's my two cents; I have a 21' Seahawk with a hardtop...The boat was used and rigged when I bought it. Got a good deal on it as rigged, but

1) I have my hardtop removed; relatively easy on off, but it takes three guys and a place to keep it. I only put it on when I'm consistently fishing in weather. Otherwise, it's top off with good rain gear on. Boat is much easier to cover with it off. The hard top itself has some wonderful lighting features. If I had a choice I would choose canvas top

2) My boat has linked steering. It's okay, but TR-1 would be the way to go, hands down.

3) Boat was equipped with Cannon down riggers. My previous boat had Scotty. In my opinion Scotty is the only way to go.

4) No opinion on live well

Along with others, I agree--The Seahawk on the boat classified board is a great deal, ready to go!

6. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Linestretcher has the best one of the North River class that I have been on so far. It is loaded to the max with all kinds of goodies. Steve has done well with it, and I had the priviledge of being on it at Eagle Lake with him and Val Aubery. What a treat to a couple of great weeks of fishing......Jetspray
    Last edited by Jetspray; 01-08-2019 at 11:51 AM.
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

8. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan1 View Post
    Did you check out the 1 year old 22 ft North River in the boat classified? All rigged with top of line equip.
    Absolutely, beautiful boat and on the list.

10. Likes LineStretcher liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brokea--boater View Post
    go with a bracket, especially if your going in the salt with that size boat. The added room is nice and well worth it. ...gregg
    Spot on with the bracket. I fish 75% in the ocean and never had wave/swell spray over the transom even in as much as 7' swells.

Either top is good; however, it'll be hotter under an aluminum hardtop during temps above 95°. I currently have a canvas top on my 23.5Duckworth.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blademan1 View Post
    Did you check out the 1 year old 22 ft North River in the boat classified? All rigged with top of line equip.
    Yep,Check out Line Stretchers boat if he didn't sell it. One Sweet machine.

14. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

go with a bracket, especially if your going in the salt with that size boat. The added room is nice and well worth it. No opinion on the selected three beyond the bracket,,,gregg

16. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast