Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: avoid Burger King Valley Springs

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    Well have to disagree about the service and the people, you get paid to do a job no matter how much, you should do it to your best abilities and show respect for customers. I worked at a drive-inn as they used to be called made next to nothing but it was money and a job, I would never have treated a customer with disrepect or any type of rudeness. When we get good service any where and they go the extra mile we always email or call and thank the manager or coporate when this occurs we even have asked to speak to the manager before we leave and tell of the great service. I agree many are thankless for what they do but you get paid so do a good job no matter what. The dog place has killer onion rings, Seon still waiting for the riggers will probally install after our outing, thanks for the offer.

Dennis
    I like your comment and completely agree. It's the work ethics that we are taught that we learn to appreciate the most. Many were taught a good work ethic and many were not. It's not a sign of the different generations it's been that way forever.

I applaud you for going the extra mile in showing your appreciation for a job well done. As an IT professional (semi retired now) I once took a job at Home Depot to learn how my small business clients could best benefit from the ways of the Big Box stores. It was literally my first big shock introduction into the world of working with large numbers of people with poor work ethics.

Fortunately for Home Depot, they also hire a lot of people with excellent work ethics so it balances out. Where it doesn't balance is at the customer level. The customer is always right is the moto but often that's simply not the case. I often came across customers that were impossible to please and often I'd find that it was intentional. I often thought to myself that this is a customer that would be a terrible employee or employer.

As a side note, if a Home Depot person offers you assitance in finding something that you think you already know the location of, go ahead and take his/her advice. Odds are pretty good that they did a re-stack the night before and it's now in a location that makes no sense to you at all. LOL... Trust me on this... I know first hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Well have to disagree about the service and the people, you get paid to do a job no matter how much, you should do it to your best abilities and show respect for customers. I worked at a drive-inn as they used to be called made next to nothing but it was money and a job, I would never have treated a customer with disrepect or any type of rudeness. When we get good service any where and they go the extra mile we always email or call and thank the manager or coporate when this occurs we even have asked to speak to the manager before we leave and tell of the great service. I agree many are thankless for what they do but you get paid so do a good job no matter what. The dog place has killer onion rings, Seon still waiting for the riggers will probally install after our outing, thanks for the offer.

Dennis
    Last edited by dennis l; 07-26-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

lol. unfortunately, the BK people (the team members and 'managers') don't give a crap about you. they don't give a crap about any customers really, and they couldn't care less about losing one customer to taco bell, it's not like it's affecting their own business. the owner might care, but the workers making pennies certainly don't. they are just there because they're basically forced to be there (for various reasons), and the money they make really isn't worth it to try to give a damn (working full-time as a manager there still keeps them below the poverty line). And there probably was a problem with the sale button that they couldn't do anything about, which really isn't their fault (it's upper management's), yet you're putting the blame and guilt on them like it is their fault. and yeah they probably could have discounted it in some way to make it very close to matching the 2/$5 deal but they either are too stupid to figure out a solution or just didn't care to make things any harder on themselves. It's funny there are a lot of people out there that assume they should get a certain level of customer service at a fast food place because that's what they're used to getting everywhere else, yet there's no added incentive for fast food workers to provide that kind of quality customer service (do you ever tip a fast-food worker?). it's not their own business and they're making too little to be concerned with pleasing everyone. you got to be more understanding, and realize the manager there is sad and frustrated that he/she is stuck there in such a sorry job and can't really do much about it because of their ignorance or whatever. they are a manager in the first place because they have been there too long... being there too long makes them sad... so that's why you see sad/rude managers a lot of the time. Plus, when customers lay blame on them for something that's out of their hands, it just makes them feel even worse than before... I know this from experience, I worked at a taco bell part-time for about 9 months while going to school, and learned the perspective of the fast food employee. If it were me working, I would have figured out a way to make it right. But the job is hard enough as it is for what it's worth, and with the added pressure of customers doing guilt trips, it's just not right... just thought i'd share.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats one of the oldest rip-off games in retail. I'm guessing but I'll bet everything was setup since pricing is automatically downloaded from corporate nightly. What the dishonest manager/clerk did was ring it up manually and give you the total. If you don't question it and pay like most people do, then they pocket the difference. When you pay you get a correct receipt but afterwards they void the sale and re-ring it at the sale prices.

Get away with it enough times and you can pay your mortgage while only earning minimum wages.

Apparently they were all in on it or the manager would not have been trying to defend it. Defending it was stupid he should have just said "oh, I'm sorry" and given you the correct pricing. Doing what he did raised the odds of getting caught dramatically. Stupid is as stupid does.

Post Thanks / Like

I say do yourself a real favor and don't eat fast food at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you should have video taped that event on your phone and put in on youtube. Bet you'd get a free burger for the rest of your life from Corporate .

At any event, did you install your new downriggers yet? If you need help, let me know.

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

next time youre there, hit the hotdog joint in the same lot....killer dogs!

~RNP

Post Thanks / Like

avoid Burger King Valley Springs

Wife and I went to Bk tonight she wanted to try a couple of thier burger specials. She ordered the bacon stuffed burger 2 for 5 deal was told that there was an extra charge for bacon. I pointed to the ad that was on the screen and that matter was resolved. Then they proceeded to tell us that they would have to charge the regular price because the owner had not installed the sale button. Come on what gives here. This is the manager giving us this boat load of bull. I tried and did maintain my cool thinking this is false and deceptive advertising. The mgr was very rude and was shocked when I asked if there was some way else to get the sale price. I am amazed at the service people today, I guess my generation had it right customer is right standing in front of me trying to give me thier money. Today its not that way, One of the rudest people i have come across in avery long time. Sorry to go on and on but I'm still upset and amazed. So I told him we'll go across the lot to Taco Bell I'm sure they will take my money in a honest way, the look was priceless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12