Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats YOUR fishing store?

I find deals online . Not one to drive on the freeways with Crazy People doing crazy speeds. and I don`t like going in a place that while walking in the store or waiting for the doors to Open ,there a drive by going on or shots fired , so I do a lot online shopping and get the Tracking Number, then I put the Dog to work by having her wait by the front door to make sure I know when the Mail man arrives and the UPS guy get here. if its Not either or ,then I some how have the door Open wide with an explanation unknown to me and have the dog retrieve what is Mine or not ! Its called Survival !

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

I like either coyote bait or fishery supply
    dont take life to serious, let go and smile to see what your missing out on

Post Thanks / Like

Living here in Lemoore I have two Sportsman Warehouses to choose from, Fresno and visalia. But, I will drive that 2 hours to visit BPS in Manteca once in a while.

Post Thanks / Like

I never under stood why they moved the SJ store from the location they had on DeAnza blvd, to just a few blocks away from BassPro. That new location was smaller they what they had less inventory. The selection of trout/kokanee gear was so much less, I use to spend so much more at the old location. I hope they do better in there new location, where ever that is.

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember correctly. Fishermans Warehouse open before Basspro opened their doors. And knew Basspro was going in. I think they got a decent amount of bleed over from Basspro.
    I heard it was rent, and they bought a building in Fairfield.

Fishermans Warehouse is not managed very well anyway. Almost always out of fast moving seasonal products.
    I went to Sac store for presentation on trolling for Salmon. Owner of “Tightlines” was instructing the class. Recommended a Cousins rod. Three of us were looking for rod to buy! None in stock! Bought mine directly from Cousins. Smart business people?

I will miss Fishermans Warehouse. Staff was friendly and great to deal with/talk to. Management, not so great. Got my last $ unless I’m passing through Manteca and need something I didn’t plan for. I miss Mell Cottons too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ldd View Post
    I heard Fishermans Warehouse in San Jose is moving to Fairfield bass pro has been taking a lot of their business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    They are moving but to us San Jose folks it's pretty much the same as closing down because our options just dwindled from 3 to 2. Pretty unfortunate.

As to why they are moving, it doesn't really have to do with lost business from BPS but rather their rent was increased by something like 2-3 times what it was. Very few places can afford a rent increase like that.

I'm jealous of those that have either an OPS or a Sportsman's Warehouse. I'd trade either of them for a BPS in a heartbeat. I only shop BPS because it's 10 minutes from my house and their gift cards are convenient to purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike130s View Post
    Living in south San Jose. Fishermans Warehouse gets most my $$$. Although it’s a tiny store compared to the Manteca and Sac. Stores. I drive by BassPro to get there. They are around the corner from each other. So sometimes a stop in Basspro happens.
    Coyotes Bait n Tackle is good too.
    I heard Fishermans Warehouse in San Jose is moving to Fairfield bass pro has been taking a lot of their business

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Just made it to the Outdoor ProShop in Cotati. That place is magical....
    Captain of the Little Liberator.

Post Thanks / Like

Need to update.
    Sad to say,
    Fishermans Warehouse closed the store here in south San Jose. Only place close is Basspro. Thanks Fishermans Warehouse
    Coyote Bait is 15/20 minutes away.
    Says they are moving. Hopefully that is true.

https://www.facebook.com/FishermansWarehouseSJ/
    Last edited by Hookem2004; 10-03-2019 at 05:42 AM.
    2018 Duckworth 235 Pacific Navigator
    Yamaha 250HP
    Yamaha 9.9 HP
    Scotty's downriggers
    Lowrance Ti2's

Post Thanks / Like

Living in south San Jose. Fishermans Warehouse gets most my $$$. Although it’s a tiny store compared to the Manteca and Sac. Stores. I drive by BassPro to get there. They are around the corner from each other. So sometimes a stop in Basspro happens.
    Coyotes Bait n Tackle is good too.
    Need to update.
    Sad to say,
    Fishermans Warehouse closed the store here in south San Jose. Only place close is Basspro. Thanks Fishermans Warehouse
    Coyote Bait is 15/20 minutes away.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast