Thread: Discovery Park

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discovery Park

Got it. I'm using the Flying C's in chartreuse and had to order another 8 or them from Mepps since the sacbee recommended it and others went around and bought them all up (Sports Chalet, Sports Auth, etc.).

I'll try by the boat dock and on the other side of the AR based on your suggestions. Sounds like so long as I stay on the Sac River side, I'll be fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Discovery Park

If you have a boat you can try jigging at the mouth of AR. If from shore try 20-500 yards south of the mouth and try flying c or ?

Post Thanks / Like

Discovery Park

You were in the right place. The spot above the wing dam where the rivers meet can get very crowded, even thou there isn't much real estate to share. Fishing off the rip rap near the ramp is also a good spot, but the constant boat traffic can be a drag.

I suggest trying the West Sac side of the river. There is a trail along the river with easy access to many fishing spots all along the West Bank.

Sent from AnglingWes.com mobile HQ.

Post Thanks / Like

Discovery Park

I'm visiting Sac for a few weeks and on a few suggestions went out to Discovery Park today to try some spinner fishing (skunkaroo). My sources suggested that it might be crowded but I'm wondering if they meant another area. The only place I could find showing any use/suggestion of success was the area near the boat launch at the literal point where the AR and Sac converge and there certainly wouldn't be room for a crowd there. When people reference Discovery Park are they talking about the other side of the AR where there is a large gravel bar?