Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HMB 8-27-06

Post Thanks / Like

Re: HMB 8-27-06

Here is a picture showing just how FLAT is was out there. *Me thinks ginger cookies may have been sufficient. lol. * My friend caught the largest red of the day. *

Post Thanks / Like

Nice day of fishing corn.. we only got 1 red last weekend.. the china and oliver tastes mighty good as well

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mike, we must have posted at the same time. Hope you've been slamming the rockies at Bodega as well.

Post Thanks / Like

And like others have said here, Scopace is different than Meclizine. Here is some good info on the different motion sickness medicines:

http://www.motionsickness.net/aboutms.html

Post Thanks / Like

Great haul you got there Corn!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

Slick, yeah, it was so calm out there that we had very little, or no drift at all. It was good if we wanted to sit on a honey hole, but bad if we wanted to cover more ground to find new spots. We saw one or two 12 foot aluminum boats out there. Totally safe for them on a day like that.

We probably fished with you and the fleet at one time. We spent most of our time fishing away from the fleet, because there were too many blues there. When we started running out of bait, we moved back to the fleet.

I marked the blues from 10 feet all the way down to 90 feet. It was insane. We had to put on 10oz balls to punch through the school. Even then, the blues kept hammering the rapidly falling bait. We just hoped that there was something left on the hook by the time it hit bottom, because that's where we caught our big fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sethonious
    Hey don't bash on the little ones. *They have a mild flavor and fewer worms/bugs. *If we always took all the big ones we'd have no breeding stock left. *Save a big fish and kill some little ones sometimes.

I agree with you, but when I said "small," I meant REALLY small. These were no bigger than the size of my hand, so I released them so they can grow. I did keep some small (3/4 - 1 pounders) and medium sized ones though.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Crush and trouter,

Scopace is Scopolamine Hydrobromide. Meclazine is another drug completely and is marketed under the name Bonine. I have used Bonine/Meclazine for years with great results but it is not the same as Scopace. I get mine at Costco and that is a real deal.

Wahoo99

Post Thanks / Like

Love to see quality vermillion! Nice post and pic.

Post Thanks / Like

Blue Crush,

Is the MECLIZINE HCI prescription like scopace, or is it over the counter?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast