Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berry fish not fighting......but the fisherman were!

Quote Originally Posted by Hof View Post
    I was there yesterday as well and bite was slowwwwww. We ended with 5 kokes, and a trout. 46 to 52 ft. Exactly as you said, hard to find and once you did find some they didn't want to play. Based on the radio chatter you described I'm glad mine is sitting in my shed still uninstalled. Kudos to the guide who settled them down. Like you said, good thing most fisherman are not that way.

Hof

I was also present yesterday without a radio, from 2 til 7pm. Albeit with no radio either. We ended with 1 Koke from 45 ft, and a small trout. Funny thing was we had no apx and my hoochies were red and white crappie jig bodies. You cant find a Hoochie anywhere in my county or a dodger for that matter. Nevertheless we threw every spoon and mini crankbait we had and it was the kastmaster and the red jigs that caught fish. One thing thats nice is Putah is open and free launch with plenty of parking. For now that is. We didnt get a chance to fish the north end at all but im sure there were fish around the bridge. My main question these days is are there Kokanee in IVR still or not? I cant get my computer to download the stocking info off any website.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there yesterday as well and bite was slowwwwww. We ended with 5 kokes, and a trout. 46 to 52 ft. Exactly as you said, hard to find and once you did find some they didn't want to play. Based on the radio chatter you described I'm glad mine is sitting in my shed still uninstalled. Kudos to the guide who settled them down. Like you said, good thing most fisherman are not that way.

Hof

Post Thanks / Like

I guess people have forgot about all the thousands of kokanee that will die and sink to the bottom. But then again hey a guy might not "limit out in a hour" telling everyone about his secret prototype homemade "signature" lure or "his own" secret privately owned piece of water. Most guys are not this way thankfully! RF

Post Thanks / Like

That's why I only monitor channel 16 anymore. Being secretive about kokanee is a joke.
    Last edited by SalmoClarki; 05-21-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i was there in my raft today and worked hard for one nice koke, caught it surprisingly close to cappell right near the bottom around 45', otherwise appeared pretty slow.

Post Thanks / Like

Berry fish not fighting......but the fisherman were!

At Berry yesterday and the fishing was slow. The fish were hard to find and once found they would not bite. Seemed as if everyone was having a hard time hooking Kokanee. A couple people were talking on the radio and kinda being secretive about lures/location on fish and a guy asked them to share their info to help others catch some fish? Well that started it! I heard the guy say "cut me a check and book a trip and I will show you how to fish" and "meet me at the dock" it was getting out of hand fast till a well known guide came on to quiet things down and gave a location where fish were at.....well actually they were there but not biting? The wind was bad but fishable and we threw the box at them. The fish we did catch were nice 15-16 inchers and fat but we worked hard for them! Maybe a bite an hr or so? I think they will go back on the bite after the weather stabilizes for a few days and the wind backs off. RF

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123