Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Tuber considering making switch to Kayak or Toon....help me decide!

My biggest complaint about the yak is also one of its benefits. Sometimes when yak fishing, I miss the ability to run and gun as you can on a boat. On the other hand, not being able to run and gun has made me a much Better fisherman because I've been forced to focus on an area and learn to fish it in all conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuber considering making switch to Kayak or Toon....help me decide!

I kayak fish. It's fantastic. You can cover miles of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tuber considering making switch to Kayak or Toon....help me decide!

I have only fished from kayaks out of those three. What I always hear and agree with is that in a kayak you can get anywhere you want to go a lot faster than in the other two. Kayak is better equipped for trolling. You have more dry storage. No chance of puncturing it with a hook either. I will keep thinking of more advise.
    Wilderness Systems Kayaks Pro Staff Director CA
    Mack's Lure/Shasta Tackle Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Question Tuber considering making switch to Kayak or Toon....help me decide!

I currently have a Caddis Navigator II float tube that has brought me a ton of fun...and bass! :)

I have been stationed in AZ for the past few years but rumor has it that the USAF might be sending me back to the Bay Area, which means that I will be able to get back in the water.

I love my tube, but sometimes wished I could cover more water quicker. So I leave it to you guys to help me decide which craft I should transition to. If you could please point out the pros and cons of both kayaks and pontoons I would appreciate it. If you have both, which one do you prefer? And if you have also fished from a float tube, compare the two experiences if you don't mind.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bass_Sergeant; 06-06-2013 at 07:32 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234