Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone knows how to rebuild?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_ONE View Post
    I am looking to purchase a used rod in the future. And I would like to get the rod stripped down, cleaned, re-wrap with new guides, shrink wrap handle, new reel seat and etc. Anyone knows who can get it done?

You would be better off starting with a fresh blank to build on. The labor in stripping the handle and the seat is not a clean and easy task. New components and a fresh build will be cheaper and make your rod builder happier. I would say the only reason to redo a whole rod is if it had sentimental value to you. Either way good luck with the build.

Post Thanks / Like

Give Victor of Vic's Custom Rods a call at 707-430-3941, He has been building rods since he was 7 years old and he can help you our with everything you will need and help you with every step of the way to make a wonderful rod.[
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

I can help you out if your near sacramento, let me know exactly what you want and I will make it happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the contact. Does he work well with surf rods as well?
    I'm not sure, he advertises rod building and if you know the basics, it's pretty straight forward. I used to build them but I don't have the room or time to do it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdgs View Post
    Try this guy - FlyMAX (707) 578-3587 - I have it on good authority that he's excellent.
    Thanks for the contact. Does he work well with surf rods as well?
    "People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Post Thanks / Like

I am looking to purchase a used rod in the future. And I would like to get the rod stripped down, cleaned, re-wrap with new guides, shrink wrap handle, new reel seat and etc. Anyone knows who can get it done?
    Try this guy - FlyMAX (707) 578-3587 - I have it on good authority that he's excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone knows how to rebuild?

"People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell