Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: avoid Burger King Valley Springs

That's actually a nice rant. I appreciate it. This kind of thing is the new norm. Nobody expects you to actually pay attention to things like price or ingredience. Those things are inconsequential these days. Now all that matters is that you hand over your money...

Post Thanks / Like

Speaking of burgers, here is a new one on the block. UMMMMM

Researchers say producing the world's meat in labs would use 99% less land than livestock. (Shutterstock)

View larger images >>

(NEWSER)
    – After years of research into lab-grown meat, it's finally patty time. A burger made of synthetic beef will be cooked and served before an audience at one of London's finest restaurants a week from today, reports theIndependent. The "Frankenburger"—which cost $330,000 to develop—is made up of thousands of strips of artificial muscle and fat grown from stem cells in a process scientists say could transform the meat industry, drastically reducing its impact on the planet.

"Right now, we are using 70% of all our agricultural capacity to grow meat through livestock. You are going to need alternatives," says Dutch scientist Mark Post. "If we don't do anything, meat will become a luxury food and will become very expensive." Researchers believe that if this "proof of principle" serving is a success, in-vitro beef could be on supermarket shelves within a decade. So who gets to try the most expensive burger ever made? An anonymous donor has bankrolled most of Post's research and sources say the donor may also be the diner.

Post Thanks / Like

When's the last time you got a Hamburger that looks like the ad's you see on TV from
    Carl's Jr. or any of those Fast Food Joints including Burger King? Generally they look
    like someone sat on it ( Hamburger ) so that's why I stay away from those places,
    besides the " Crappy " looking lettuce........................................... ...............

Stoney

Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont get me started about the cleanliness of these place, having been in may "backrooms" over the years, Im sure most would never eat there again. But dont think its limited to fast food. Restaurants, grocery stores, and almost everywhere with food have a "dirty little secret". And much of it can be traced back to the laziness of the employees. Whether its because of low wages, long hours, etc. its a sad statement about peoples work and personal ethics. However, I would argue that the wage issue is a perception we have created in society that everyone should start their working career making $50k a year. I know that locally McDonalds starting wage is $10/hr. Given that these jobs are intended as part time entry level, and historically filled by high school students, this isnt a bad wage. And while I know there are many "seasoned citizens" (aka CRABBY) here that probably started their first job at a lot lower wage than myself, my first non-paper route job, while in high school stated at $3.35/hr. It was enough to pay for my gas and the occasional concert or Oakland A's bleacher ticket ($4.00), but I wasnt *****ing. Nor did I slack off at my job.

"The Customer is Always Right" was the long standing motto with my employer, Sears Roebuck, and any deviation meant we were looking for a new job. I didnt complain about my pay, but instead was thankful I was working.

~RNP

Post Thanks / Like

Not afraid just being cautious, lazy underpaid youth are nasty creatures when it comes to food prep.
    Did you read about the cop that was served a burger with snot in it at a fast food window, or see the vid of kids taking a bath in the dish sink at a BK?
    They tore down the local wendys because, believe this or not, one of the employees was wiping his butt with the lettuce then placing it on the burgers. That is how the hep c was transfered. The law suits were enough to close the business and bankrupt the owner.

I generally don't frequent establishments that prepare food that way, call me crazy but....

Post Thanks / Like

Well you better not eat at restaurants either if your afraid of that

Fish on!
    Always wishin I was fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

"I say do yourself a real favor and don't eat fast food at all." X2

I gave up fast food years ago when, while in the restroom of a local MacDonalds I watched an employee sit down on the toilet, do his business, then leave without washing his hands and went straight to the back and started putting burgers together. Never touched another fast food item and never will.
    My dingbat brother got hep C from a wendys about 10 years and was sick, sick for a long time. He was the lucky one, one other died from the infection. They tore down the wendys.
    End of rant

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis l View Post
    Well have to disagree about the service and the people, you get paid to do a job no matter how much, you should do it to your best abilities and show respect for customers. I worked at a drive-inn as they used to be called made next to nothing but it was money and a job, I would never have treated a customer with disrepect or any type of rudeness. When we get good service any where and they go the extra mile we always email or call and thank the manager or coporate when this occurs we even have asked to speak to the manager before we leave and tell of the great service. I agree many are thankless for what they do but you get paid so do a good job no matter what. The dog place has killer onion rings, Seon still waiting for the riggers will probally install after our outing, thanks for the offer.

Dennis
    Well said!! No matter what you get paid take pride in what you do!! If not find a different job you can take pride in

Fish on!
    Always wishin I was fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Hawg Dawgs. Its in the same parking lot. The food is excellent and the scenery is too! ;)

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, you should always do your best and show respect, it's what I did when I worked there and it's the right thing to do. however, lots of people these days just don't do that anymore, and I think it's because they are getting overworked and undercompensated. the pay is just too low nowadays relative to what everything else costs. and after working for so long there, especially for full-time, some people lose that motivation to be as good as they can be because they don't see the immediate results. Or they just fail to realize how lame their customer service is in the first place because of improper training and just never improve. who knows... but anyways, I appreciate quality service so I will take your advice and avoid that BK for a while. Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast