Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amador Limits 11/1

I get tired of packing peoples trash, especially in the sierras!!! don't be afraid to let someone know they forgot something! Usually I make a point for them to see me go pick it up, I just wave and go back to fishing :). Glad to hear they have cans out, hope people use em. It might take more than some rules and workers to correct the problem with snagging, that's where us fisherman need to stick together and be the voice for the law if we see an illegal situation. Lets see what the new management does, fingers crossed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Practice Catch & Release when you can! Respect our waters!
    "For the Rich there is therapy, for the rest of us there is fishing!"

Post Thanks / Like

Crabby, I think they are definiteley on the right track. Lots of garbage cans along the dam, now if people will use them! Saw some guys leaving the other day and they left a pile of trash where they had been fishing, sad. Looks like they are even checking vehicles to make sure the people have paid. It would be nice if it gets cleaned up and stays that way.

Post Thanks / Like

It use to be nice in the 90,s to till they started advertising in sac haven't fished it but once in the past 5 years and I live ten minutes down the road . Last spring I went back and had forgot how fun those fish were to catch . Will have to start dealing with the crowds and fishin it more this year. Went there today to see how people were doing never seen it that low pretty slow from the people I talked to and fish station was only a qaurter full. Saw a yellow power worm in one of the carcasses

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutoholic View Post
    This thread needed crabby control :p! Thanks for cleaning it up.... Fish on Kevo!

I try not to butt in all the time,but sometimes I get bored..Hope Amador gets cleaned up now an the snaggin stopped!!With a change in the ownership maybe some new rules etc.will go into place.Back in the 80's it was a Great place to be!!

Post Thanks / Like

This thread needed crabby control :p! Thanks for cleaning it up.... Fish on Kevo!

Post Thanks / Like

Now all is OK!!RIGHT!!Thank You ALL!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutoholic View Post
    Amador is hot!! there are enough fish dumped in now that anyone should be catching these great fighting fish. My good friend from up there said he could close his eyes an pick any bugger out of his fly box and wham bam boom from the north shoreline. Go get some!

Cant go wrong with the buggers!!!! Those trout trap tube jigs work as well :) And if your going to throw a kastmaster use the small ones, white with the orange dots, or good old silver blue. All of these caught fish for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm maybe a slower retrieve was the trick? I know a lot of guys roll trout worms behind bobbers, don't ask me why but for some reason when I used to fish there, I would walk right down to the danm with my fly rod and end up catching fish when others were not. I had people pissed even yell at me! I told them and even walked over and showed them exactly what i was using and doing, yet received nothing but bad facial expressions and grunting "this isn't a flyfish pond!".... Add the illegal snagging and open water netting and you wonder why I haven't been back in 2 years... Anyways I'm never afraid to share what works so others can enjoy the experience, and by no means am I rubbing it in people's face. But if I see someone snaging or neting illegally you can bet I'm the first one in their face solving the issue! ;) -TO

Post Thanks / Like

Troutaholic, about half of them were casting, like I said, don't know if they were using buggers, but some of them had bobbers and were casting. I know one guy was using a kastmaster with no hits. Plenty of fish jumping, just not biting. Saw three guys leave with no fish, said they had been there for 5 hours. Guess you should follow the advice here, change tactics, move, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome! We will be there very soon!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast