sell for 1,200.00
    and if you have the box it came in,,
    add another 1,000.00
    I'm going out side and bagging up some of my
    stupid looking lures that never caught fish
    in hopes someone will think its cool and give me a 1000.00 ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tackle Junkie

I also love getting quality equipment, however I always try to fight this part of fisherman nature.

As a teenager I used to dive for lures with a mask and collected quite a few of them for free. There was one kastmaster which looked like a steel shred of a tire iron it was so crappy. I attached a new treble hook to it and started using it, thinking that if there were anything to lose, I would rather snag that one first. However, it started catching fish! Anytime I would go trout fishing or Coho salmon fishing I would use this old, rusted, garbage looking lure. My favorite thing was to tie it on when some know it all fisherman was fishing with us and giving a huge speech about colors and lure quality. I would tie this piece of shrapnel on and catch just as much if not more fish as him. Heheheheh, that happened several times... shut 'em up quick.

I'm not knocking the idea that colors are important, I know often the right color is the ticket! I'm just saying that a lot of time people overexaggerate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the welcome, bros!

Further confessions:

1) HAD to bid on a 407 (only $7.50!!, I won). Its a left-handed reel, and I'm right-handed, ferchrissakes!!

2) At my office, the UPS and U.S Post carriers all know me by name.

3) Using two drawers in my office filing cabinet to hide ebay purchases from wife. (I "promised" her I wouldn't buy anything else until I sold 10 items. So far, I've sold ZERO)

By the way, I just picked up a used Mitchell Nautil 6500gv. Despite some negative reviews I've read, it is one sweet reel. I might have to pick up another one or two... ;D

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards fish_ng . You"ll fit right in here .
    8)

Post Thanks / Like

LMAO Ng! ;D

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Fish_Ng.... and I am a tackle junkie. What a confession to make on my very first post.

I got hooked on Ebay 4 months ago, and have bought over 20 reels in that time. Started buying Mitchells to fish with......... dunno when I became a "collector". Probably after my 3rd 302. After I received my new-in-box 402 pum that I will never allow near water, I realized I had a problem.

Thanks for hearing my confession.

Post Thanks / Like

I am embarrased to say that I own 16 of the same size and color lure...
    Panther Martin.
    Its an obsessive compulsive problem my wife says... :-[

Post Thanks / Like

Ever buy a lure and find out it works well? Then you have to go out and buy a couple more just in case you lose the first one.

Ever buy a lure and find out it works well, have bought extras just in case and find out they are about to discontinue it? Thats how you end up with 25 Zell Rowland Zara spooks and 25 wiggle warts that they don't make anymore.

Then there is the color issue. If the lure works in one color, you obviously need the others for different light situations.

You can never compare what you would pay for fish in the market to what you pay to catch them. I love it when people tell me it must be wonderful to have all the free fish. Free :o? FREE? They can't even imagine how much a pound of salmon or albacore cost.

Post Thanks / Like

if I had all the money I have spent on crap this year I could eat good fish twice a week for the rest of the year easily. =( but its more fun to try to catch your own =)

Post Thanks / Like

Thats funny as I read your post im also on ebay looking at a brand new avet 6/3-2 for tuna fishing . Better turn this thing off and go to work . ;D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast