Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rocky reefs-Bodega

the only reefs would be cordel, fanny shoals and the farralons
    without my chart book i am not sure if fanny shoals is less than 120'
    but
    i think it is also a protected area
    the farrallons not only have the 120' restriction but also something like a 40' no fish zone
    look it up...

TSL

Post Thanks / Like

cause Cordell Banks is a National Marine Sanctuarie..its protected just like Gyrstal cove up in Salt Point and thats why they dont let us fish it! but that is a good question about other off shore reefs but i dought it because anyone can say they fished a reef in 120ft off shore but odds are they wont and they fish in 200-300ft so the dfg wont trust people..

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a reef out in 400 feet of water that is only a 100 feet deep are you allowed to fish it???? If so why can't we fish Cordell Banks? Some areas out there are only 80-90 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

make sure your not caught fishing in more than 120ft of water for rockies and lings.

Post Thanks / Like

Rocky reefs-Bodega

My son and I went out of Bodega this afternon. It was rough and he began to get a little sea-sick. Before he turned green we got one nice ling...about 32 inches.

We have been fishing a rocky reef in 80 feet of water almost directly off Bodega Head. Can someone point me to any other off-shore reefs in 80-150 feet of water?

Fish On!