Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amandor 2/11/14

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amandor 2/11/14

I was there yesterday from 9 til noon. They started biting around 10:30. The dam has a lot of trash floating in the water. The water was muddy but they were still biting. I got one on a kastmaster about 15 ft out and one on rainbow power bait about 8ft from the shore. And then I had one that decided to keep my kastmaster at about 15-20 ft out. Both km hits were with no weight, just lure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lowery125 View Post
    best bet around this time with the water conditions is trolling 15-20ft down and near Jackson creek. the water flowing in from there is a bit clear than the rest of the lake. off the bank I would have to say that waiting a week or two would be best.
    Jackson Creek this year has been the dirtiest part of the lake. It's so low that once you get back there it's full of silt. I've been getting all my fish trolling 6 to 12 feet down.

Post Thanks / Like

best bet around this time with the water conditions is trolling 15-20ft down and near Jackson creek. the water flowing in from there is a bit clear than the rest of the lake. off the bank I would have to say that waiting a week or two would be best.

It's never good enough hrairguitar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang I was gonna try there Sunday. I already had doubts with it being full moon but now this lol. Oh well..guess ill throw my 2nd pole for some cats with some liver and hope for the best. Still better than sittin at home doing yardwork or not watching football lol

Post Thanks / Like

Swung by Amador on the way home earlier, LOTS more debris near the dam and still pretty cloudy water.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFisher View Post
    Thanks jfitalia looks like a change of plans maybe in need then. We are not worried about fishing in the rain but from the sounds of it water clarity can have a huge affect on trout fishing. My grandpa cant go out often so when he can I try and make sure we can get on some fish.
    Melones has been kicking out some fish, that's as close to Manteca as Amador. Camanche was slow for me and others that I talked to but Pardee will also be Open

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks jfitalia looks like a change of plans maybe in need then. We are not worried about fishing in the rain but from the sounds of it water clarity can have a huge affect on trout fishing. My grandpa cant go out often so when he can I try and make sure we can get on some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Man Amador muddies up so fast, maybe because it is small, the other local reservoirs I've been to recently are still gin Clear. I tried to fish it once when it was muddy like that, I somehow broke the sunk with a minijig.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyFisher View Post
    Anyone with some experience at Amador that might have an idea how long it could take for the water clarity to improve? I was hoping to take my grandpa up there on Saturday but am worried the water clarity could make it a tough day of fishing combined with the fact that I've never trolled for trout before.

I've seen it take 2 weeks to clear. It may also help to know that it is suppose to rain on saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone with some experience at Amador that might have an idea how long it could take for the water clarity to improve? I was hoping to take my grandpa up there on Saturday but am worried the water clarity could make it a tough day of fishing combined with the fact that I've never trolled for trout before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast