Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's up with MOSS 2014

Can't wait for the opener. Drove down to check out the launches at Moss Landing this pass weekend. $16 for park and launch FYI (not sure if had gone up, first time launching at Moss).

Anyone have any recommendations if we can't stay in the parking lot overnight? I was planning to head down and try it anyways, but if we get kicked out, was trying to find somewhere close to hold up rather than driving back to SJ.

Post Thanks / Like

it is looking like it might be raining opening weekend.. i think koa sucks.. i used to do work for the other koa out here.. it is more expensive then staying at the resort i used to work at.. lol.. i don't think there will be a problem with that new koa filling up first.. i think pinto lake park might be full also.. even then they will not be able to enforce it with all the regular people coming out.. back in the day the island party was the place. wild boar block party.. who cared if they made it fishing, bbq, bands, lots of drinking,, great time,, stuck that to the man... i am sure the regular businesses and news will be there covering it again.. yes there were fish caught last opener no i didn't get mine last opener. i was being stubborn and was sticking to my regular early season areas instead of running 12 miles to the hole where my friends were getting them.. hear the sandabb fishermen are catching a few now..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

last I heard, you can camp in the harbor parking lot for $$ only if KOA is full.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostfish_slayer View Post
    you could always be the first one there,, back half way down the ramp put it in park,, drink a bottle,, pass out with all the windows up and doors locked. have to have somebody break in cause you don't wake up,, push you over and drive your crap out of the way so they can go fishing..
    LMAO Slayer! I take it you've actually had this experience before?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutbead View Post
    here's a tip. If your friend is new to boating have him practice backing the boat so he can do it in his sleep and then come up with a routine to quickly get it off the trailer and practice in the dark it is a hole lot different than in the daylight. Learning to back a boat trailer at a salmon opener is not advised. Tempers will flare and it could get real ugly. Seem it happen to many times.
    He's good with logistics on boating, launching, he's had a number of them over the years, my query was more on moss landing hazards, lure tips, bait, etc.

A little worried now about weather. Chance of rain has been going up. Now at 70% :(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutbead View Post
    here's a tip. If your friend is new to boating have him practice backing the boat so he can do it in his sleep and then come up with a routine to quickly get it off the trailer and practice in the dark it is a hole lot different than in the daylight. Learning to back a boat trailer at a salmon opener is not advised. Tempers will flare and it could get real ugly. Seem it happen to many times.
    you could always be the first one there,, back half way down the ramp put it in park,, drink a bottle,, pass out with all the windows up and doors locked. have to have somebody break in cause you don't wake up,, push you over and drive your crap out of the way so they can go fishing..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackbag View Post
    Hey guys, my buddy and I have never fished Moss before and he has a 21' boat he just bought so we are gearing up for it! Any tips on lures, flashers, etc?

Thanks,

Adam

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pondmn View Post
    There is a KOA at Moss Landing now.
    Appoligies to all, I wasen't aware of the KOA.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a KOA at Moss Landing now.

Post Thanks / Like

We get them on small silver dodgers with a crippled anchovy or strait bait. Gold silver spoons, Watermelon apex, green hotspot with purple haze hoochie. Good trey bait get's most of the bites for us. First year they opened back up they were in the mud. We usually troll in the area with crab pots which seems to hold bait and fish. Be careful to keep your distance from the buoys.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast