Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Folsom (granite bay)

Beauty of a day...fishing on the other hand was all dinky trout...no kings...if u like to catch lil 8"ers fish by the ramp w a kastmaster...I feel bad for those fish since there was like 20 people catching and releasing em...saw a few get picked off by the birds after some poor releases also...little to no wind and 70+ degrees...perfect

Post Thanks / Like

I went out Thursday for just a couple hours. In 2 hrs, we caught 3 nice trout 16-18", released a dinky trout, released a small king, and had 3LDR's. Made it fun because I forgot my nets!!! Top lure was a glow bikini Shasta Tackle Cripple Lure trolled 6' down 100' back at 3mph. Lots of debris still making it tough.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow morning...I will report back...we will be trolling in a 14' Klamath w my son...say hi if u c us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    These small fish (sub-catchables) were put in for a new put and grow program. They were not planted with the intention of providing a sporting fishery right now. They were planted to provide a quality sport fishery into the future. If you catch one, turn them loose and come back for them next season when they are all grown up.

exactly!!!!!! I see no reason in catching those fish! If you want truck trout then go fish Howe, hagan, mather, land park ect.... Those places are freaking free. Lets these fish grow so that folsom can finally be worth the $22 it cost me to launch with my boat. It's damn near the price of amador.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sportfisher View Post
    Those truck trout never had a chance! That's cool to put ur kids on them, that's about the only reason why I could think to fish for them! As an adult it's not very sporting nor interesting. Cost of gas and park fee, it's cheaper to buy them at the store!
    These small fish (sub-catchables) were put in for a new put and grow program. They were not planted with the intention of providing a sporting fishery right now. They were planted to provide a quality sport fishery into the future. If you catch one, turn them loose and come back for them next season when they are all grown up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tjreptiles View Post
    I know I sound like an idiot but can I ask what boat ramp your talking about?
    He has (granite bay) in the title of the thread;)

Fish on!
    Always wishin I was fishin!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I sound like an idiot but can I ask what boat ramp your talking about?

Post Thanks / Like

Those truck trout never had a chance! That's cool to put ur kids on them, that's about the only reason why I could think to fish for them! As an adult it's not very sporting nor interesting. Cost of gas and park fee, it's cheaper to buy them at the store!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the heads up! I need to get my 8 year old boy of the video games for some fishing. He's been cooped up for the winter, but I think I'll get him out there tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Water clarity wasn't bad. There are just a lot of small fish. All we caught were around 6 to 8 inches long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast