Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone Have Any Chipotle/Fish Recipes?

That's just the way we buy canned chipotles. They are canned in adobo sauce and that's what it says on the label.

YakMotor

Doc Great description of your testing method. Sounds spicy good, but I have to ask what is "Adobo" as used in your recipe?

Looked adobo up on net and found it basically described as a vinegar, garlic, soy sauce, (plus various spice combos) method of slow "stew" kinda cooking. One hit described it as a commercial dry a spice blend. I'm confused as to what the adobo is as used for your paste.

Post Thanks / Like

Too funny...

Thanks for the recipe, drstressor...I look forward to trying it!

Post Thanks / Like

They liked it so much, somebody even stole my chipotle paste
    Makes for a good story, the true story is Doc got so drunk he left it out by the "bomb" fire, I saved it for him and put it in my fridge ;)

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should ask. ;D

These guys have been bugging me for 2 years for the "Doc's Special Chipotle Sauce" recipe. It has been a hit at several snifferfests on kokanee and salmon. They liked it so much, somebody even stole my chipotle paste. ;D

Original Recipe:

1. Prepare a chipotle paste by mixing equal parts of canned chipotles in Adobo and fresh peeled garlic. Puree in a mini food processor if you have one. Store in a sealed glass jar. It can be stored frozen for at least a year.

2. Mix a small amount of this chipotle paste with Marie's Caesar Salad Dressing (you could probably substitute any other creamy Caesar dressing or even mayonnaise) to taste.

3. Spread this on the meat side of a koke or salmon fillet or both sides of a salmon steak. Grill or broil as usual.

Here is how I adjust the sauce "to taste": ;)

1. Add a small amount of chipotle paste to the salad dressing and mix thoroughly.

2. Place a tiny amount of this mixture on the right side of your tongue. Your right eye should begin to tear.

3. Continue blending in small amounts of chipotle paste and testing on the right side of your tongue until your left eye just starts to tear. That's just about right.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone Have Any Chipotle/Fish Recipes?

I've been hooked on Chipotle spiced foods for the last couple years, ever since a visit to Arizona.

Anyone have any fish recipes that use chipotle? I was thinking of salmon or steelhead recipes, but any would be interesting...

Dave