Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I hate dmv!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I hate dmv!!!

I had an issue with DMV in the past. Similar situation, no record on file and wanted a physical copy of it. I knew I had one as its been denting my pockets lol. So I called up my agent, she confirmed it being on record, gave me a DMV 800 number. Called them, their rep confirmed that it was on record and stated that I didn't need to bring in a physical copy. Luckily I was in the DMV parking lot so he told me to go back in and ask for the manager and give her the phone. She listened for a few minutes then told the girl to just okay me. Done. I was so glad, because I didn't want to run around to grab a physical copy of something they already had on file and possibly waiting another 3 hours, after waiting 3 hours already. Sorry it was a while back so I don't remember the number lol.

I usually go to the DMV in Davis, most times its less than an hour, somedays its like waiting for one in Sacramento. Need to get into the habit of making an appointment ahead of time instead of just dropping by on my free days.
    Last edited by jace_xiong; 10-08-2014 at 12:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

AAA. Best trip to the "DMV".. EVER..

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the new DMV in Roseville around 4pm without an appointment and was in and out in less than 45 mins. What I was complaining about it that they charged me a fee and would not accept payment at their business. They lady that helped me was very nice and helpful. Her being short, blonde, and tattooed was a bonus!
    Fishing, it's cheaper than therapy!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow burning

Sac DMV is impossible, you could wait 8 hours. Woodland is better but you could hit a busy time and wait over an hour. Santa Rosa is about the same as Woodland. Colusa is pretty good though and so is Lakeport.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah Seon... No spot burning !

the price of AAA is worth not having to go to the DMV.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me write an addendum.

Years ago I bought a boat, had it shipped from Alabama that doesn't issue a title on boats.
    I made a mistake by trying to register it at Lodi. Long story short DMV instructed me write to Alabama DMV requesting a statement that they don't issue titles even though the clerk read it in their book.

Then I made an appointment and went to a "mountain DMV" presented the paperwork that was provided by the seller and explained what Lodi DMV wanted me to do. Clerk looked at the paper work and confirm that no title are issued in Alabama. Did the paperwork and I was out within 15 minutes with a new registration, tags and title that was mailed and received about two weeks later.

I purposely didn't identify which DMV because I don't want everyone in Valley to go charging to MY DMV.

Post Thanks / Like

I easily registered 2 homemade boats I built at Concord DMV and come to think of it I was wearing bib overalls, I think Seon's onto something.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy_M View Post
    Next year at this time we can go togehter :D
    I'll give you an inside lead. Please don't share it anyone else otherwise...well please don't.

I use a very small DMV with only two clerks. They're super folks to deal with but you'll have to wear overalls, not take a bath for a week and walk with a limp. Then they'll consider you one of them .

All kidding aside, make an appointment to one of the smaller "mountain "DMV" and you'd be surprised on how they'll treat you. Yeah, it'll be a little drive but one will zip thru with little or no problem.
    Best of luck to you or anyone else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seon View Post
    I had an appointment and just got back from DMV to register the "home made" trailer that I built for the Coors Lite. I walked up to the counter, clerk handed me 4 or 5 forms that she hi-lited what was needed to be filled, instructed me to come back to the front of the line when I finished. She then when outside, inspected the trailer, returned to her station, typed in the info in the computer, asked for the fee that I paid and she handed me the registration and plate. All within 15 minutes. The smoothest transaction I've ever had at the DMV...it must of been my persona .
    Next year at this time we can go togehter :D
    Fishing, it's cheaper than therapy!

Post Thanks / Like

I had an appointment and just got back from DMV to register the "home made" trailer that I built for the Coors Lite. I walked up to the counter, clerk handed me 4 or 5 forms that she hi-lited what was needed to be filled, instructed me to come back to the front of the line when I finished. She then when outside, inspected the trailer, returned to her station, typed in the info in the computer, asked for the fee that I paid and she handed me the registration and plate. All within 15 minutes. The smoothest transaction I've ever had at the DMV...it must of been my persona .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast