Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishing Rod Builders in California Central Valley or Delta

maybe batson rep is in sac town still.. look on batson site or utmost enterprises..
    if you fish for trout you will catch trout!! if you fish for steelhead you might catch steelhead!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you are still looking, check out Walton Custom Rods, Terry is a great guy and will treat you right. He makes great down rigger rods and lures. Check out bottomlinetackle.com

Post Thanks / Like

You can try this guy,guess hes still around,been awhile>>>

http://www.fishsniffer.com/forums/ve...stom-rods.html

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Fisherman View Post
    Well, I was trying to locate some fishing rod builders in my area but the yellow pages and short online search had nothing promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for a rod builder in my area the Central Valley? If there is any in the Delta I could travel if needed.

I'm thinking of getting a Seeker two piece 9' super moocher rated for 12-30 lb line and I wanted to customize it instead of going with the retail version. Since I have no experience with building one and this would be a more expensive blank, I was looking for someone with more experience to build it instead of me experimenting on this one.

Maybe in the future I can experiment with a more simple or cheaper blank.

Thank you
    What area? Gordon Gee at sac pro tackle does great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Fisherman View Post
    I'm going to do that. I have an old Ugly Stik Catfish rod I like and I removed the reel seat and grips already, it was a real pain to do. I got some supplies from mudhole, they had very informative videos, and now I just need to remove the guides and figure out what to put on it. I'll post a pic when finished.
    That's a great start! I also get most of my supplies from mudhole.

Sent by a fisherman using a stick, kite string and a cricket on a bent safety pin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoneSomewhereElse View Post
    Do you have an old rod to practice on? That's how most of us start. Once you learn the basics it can be really rewarding.

Sent by a fisherman using a stick, kite string and a cricket on a bent safety pin
    I'm going to do that. I have an old Ugly Stik Catfish rod I like and I removed the reel seat and grips already, it was a real pain to do. I got some supplies from mudhole, they had very informative videos, and now I just need to remove the guides and figure out what to put on it. I'll post a pic when finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have an old rod to practice on? That's how most of us start. Once you learn the basics it can be really rewarding.

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing Rod Builders in California Central Valley or Delta

Well, I was trying to locate some fishing rod builders in my area but the yellow pages and short online search had nothing promising. Does anyone have any recommendations for a rod builder in my area the Central Valley? If there is any in the Delta I could travel if needed.

I'm thinking of getting a Seeker two piece 9' super moocher rated for 12-30 lb line and I wanted to customize it instead of going with the retail version. Since I have no experience with building one and this would be a more expensive blank, I was looking for someone with more experience to build it instead of me experimenting on this one.

Maybe in the future I can experiment with a more simple or cheaper blank.

Thank you