Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Spin Fishing is Cheating?

It's like Skiiers hating on snowboarders or Football players hating on Soccer players and vice versa for both. I have skiied and snowboarded...both are a blast! I love playing Football, Soccer, Baseball, Basketball.....etc. People just need to quit hating on groups that are different than themselves..... Not all people of a group or people in general are the same. I consider myself an easy going respectful person but every one of us....including myself can be a jerk in some way every now and then...unfortunately some alot more than others.....but that is just the way life is and we just need to try and be our own best example!
    Last edited by Must Fish; 01-08-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Spin Fishing is Cheating?

Granted that fly fishing can be a sport of artistic beauty . I Don't fly fish but I love the artistic beauty that goes into ,all the hard work and false casting it takes to get the fly out to the correct spot . Like spey casting . Thats one big long rod and it takes 2 hands to cast . but when done correctly is a awesome scene . I respect the Fly Fisherman even though I believe it is a Much harder way to catch fish .and tying your own flies is a skill most don`t have , granted none of those flies look close to a insect i`v ever seen. Its a total different and harder way to fish , but is a love many enjoy .Why ?? Tradition i Guess and the history of trout fishing started with a fly ?? It doesn't make them better than us . It`s just it`s more Expensive way to fish and most with that kind of money are those types that feel they are better than most, but not all.
    Its just the way some think they are. The only shallowness one should have is the Shallowness of the river , not One`s mind!

A Life spent fishing, is never wasted.

Post Thanks / Like

I run into all sorts of jerks on the water with a holier than thou attitude.

Spey rod elitists come to mind, but jerks aren't confined to one style of fishing. I just notice the "I'm better than you" attitude is more prevalent with the fly fishing community. It's such a warn out and beaten to death subject within our communities. Every technique specific group hates some other technique specific group and has some BS justification as to why they're better and more "pure" than everyone else. At the end of the day, if it's catching fish, I'll give it a go and have an open mind towards it.

If you browse enough PNW boards like ifish or piscatorial pursuit you just can tell how hostile everyone is about hating some other group of anglers that fish in a different way than them. Bait guys hate fly guys, fly guys hate bait guys but somehow are accepting of centerpinners because they use a gearless reel, hardware guys hate fly guys and everyone hates flossers. Again, it's a worn out and beaten to death subject...shut up and fish whatever way makes YOU happy and produces fish in a legal way. As long as you're not intentionally snagging fish with 3oz jigs, do whatever works for you.

Post Thanks / Like

i disagree

Post Thanks / Like

What about "fly girls" and "hood rats"?

"I wish I had a in a hat with a bat
    and a six four impala"

Post Thanks / Like

What a bunch of cow plop. I don't get the animosity toward fly fishermen. Everything said here about fly fishermen apples to all fishermen. I do it all - fly fish, spin fish, troll, bait etc etc. I admit some fly fishing purists are sometimes a little snobbish but I have had way more unpleasant encounters with non-fly fishermen. For example trollers have cut me off, trolled over my lines. Spin fishermen have cast over my lines and tangled my lines. I have had bankers throw rocks at me because I guess they thought my boat being 50 yards out was too close to their lines. I've had bass fishermen get po'd for various reasons. I personally have never had a problem with other fly fishermen.
    Some fly fisherman telling me spin fishing was cheating, I would just ignore and forget about and chock it up to the individual being an a**h***. I once had a bass fisherman tell me trout and trout fishers are a bunch of *%#*^#*.
    We are all a part of the fishing fraternity, ain't one kind of fishing any better or worse than another. There are individuals in our fraternity who are just plain jerks regardless of what type of fishing they do.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troutbead View Post
    In general fly fishermen suck. Elitist snobs who if they had their way fish hatcheries would be eliminated.

I've met a couple of cool ones, but unfortunately most seem to fit that mold.

Post Thanks / Like

Of course it is. It's the only thing is use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jetspray View Post
    Cheating at Pyramid would be using live bait, you need to be a tribal member to do that. I know a couple of top notch fly guys who use spinning setups to draw a crowd of fish schooling, they then cast into the mass to catch the big ones. A bunch of pigs drag the bottom as well to eat the chubs that swim the bottom, I'm just sayin'..........Jetspray
    Yeah a couple years ago at Popcorn my dad and I fished the whole day with flies and lures and only caught three, and two tribal members show up using live tui chubs and catch two 10 pounders in 5 minutes. Blew my mind. I caught a 5 pound cutty while reeling in a six inch tui chub once, crazy stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Spin fishing is not cheating.

Spear fishing in the AR...is cheating

COME AT ME SPEAR FISHERMEN! hahaha

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 256789 LastLast