Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lamprey

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Lamprey

http://www.bigredwormcompany.com/Products.html

Quote Originally Posted by kwaaahhh View Post
    Hey Flywright, doew brw eel have a marking on their packages? Theres a sport chalet here in the southbay that carries eel right now, but i wasn't sure if theres marking on the packaging.
    Insert witty line here

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Flywright, doew brw eel have a marking on their packages? Theres a sport chalet here in the southbay that carries eel right now, but i wasn't sure if theres marking on the packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyWright View Post
    Sports Chalet in Vacaville has Big Red Worm Jumbo eel for under $20 ($18, I think) and they're huge. The BRW 'small" are still respectable size for $9. Best looking eel I've seen in 2-3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Sacramento pro tackle on Northgate here in Sacramento has some pretty darn good eel going for $15, they are large and in charge and shipped in from Oregon. I have had success with it so far this year, although I have yet to bag that elusive keeper.

Post Thanks / Like

Sports Chalet in Vacaville has Big Red Worm Jumbo eel for under $20 ($18, I think) and they're huge. The BRW 'small" are still respectable size for $9. Best looking eel I've seen in 2-3 years.
    The secret is out! Damn

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used uncured which is why I go through do much of it, it stays fairly well if the eggs are small when the eggs get large the roe tends to fall apart easier making it harder to thread on the hooks. I have also tried netting and it worked as well

Post Thanks / Like

What cured roe do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by tillerjetmike View Post
    I may not be the best source because sturgeon seem to be my nemisis fish but guys with a lot of experience showed me to wrap my roe with clear magic thread in a "spider web " on the eye of my hook and hook a strip of eel basically free dangling on the hook like a trailer, sometimes a bit of thread to lock it in place so it doesn't fly off on the cast

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip. Didn't think of that.

Good description. I use a small piece of a plastic worm on the hook after the eel to keep the eel from flying off the barbless hook on the cast. After the catch, I often get my eel and worm piece back to use again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tillerjetmike View Post
    I may not be the best source because sturgeon seem to be my nemisis fish but guys with a lot of experience showed me to wrap my roe with clear magic thread in a "spider web " on the eye of my hook and hook a strip of eel basically free dangling on the hook like a trailer, sometimes a bit of thread to lock it in place so it doesn't fly off on the cast

Good description. I use a small piece of a plastic worm on the hook after the eel to keep the eel from flying off the barbless hook on the cast. After the catch, I often get my eel and worm piece back to use again.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Any pointers on the proper way to bait hook with eel/roe combo? My roe I wrap up with netting and made a roe ball.(about golf ball size)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast