Post Thanks / Like

Re: Big carp in Chabot Lake (Hayward)?

Could very well be under 4'.

All I'm saying is that there are big carp around our local waters.

Could be 2', 3' and up to 4'.

They're out there.

Also, if you're ever in the area and decide to walk the alameda creek trail in summer, take a look at the water. You'll see some huge shadows moving around. Can't fish it anymore but I know back when I was a kid carp and catfish would come out of there.

Sent from my Phish bucket

Post Thanks / Like

Please have a look @ that Web site:

http://www.worldrecordcarp.com/p/car...y-records.html

they use weight only, but it sure is clear that 4' = near the world record :)

Post Thanks / Like

A 4 foot carp would weigh maybe 150 plus pounds.

Wels cats can get that big as do some in the Mekong basin. Don't think either type is in California.

Quote Originally Posted by lVleNaCe View Post
    I may be wrong... But a 4 footer? That's pretty unrealistic isn't it? I hate to be a Debbie downer. Plz correct me if I'm wrong though fellas.
    David

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; deport him and you will not have to feed him again.
    Trump 20:16

Post Thanks / Like

Calero is loaded with em'.

Post Thanks / Like

4' carp? Man...check out quarry lakes, delta, etc! If you go hunting for carp, you will find them.

Funny, some years back my uncle lost his job (disabled) and he'd go fish. No one to go with so he'd go close to home, fremont, he'd go to lake elizabeth which I now live really close to, but he'd consistently pull out humongous carp and catfish outta there. Why? Cuz no one really fishes there.

I'd consider myself a pretty addicted fisherman and I rarely go there. The fish in there have no predators so guess what...? They eat, **** and grow.

We all thought he was cray until he showed us! Other little lakes are the same. Newark Lake, Milpitas lakes, campbell perc ponds, etc. I'm sure there are plenty of others out there too.

These scales are from a carp a fellow fisherman was fighting yesterday.

They're out there.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426469569.983586.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon63 View Post
    Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I would love to catch a 4 footer, that'll put a bend in your rod and cramp up your arm! I visited Shadow Cliffs today just to take a look (checked out the pond area as well), didn't see any carp, but saw quite a few good sized trout swimming in the margins. Also, bumped into a guy at the tackle store today- he said he had just caught a couple of big trout at Don Castro- I think I'll check it out tomorrow. I might like carp fishing, but nothing wrong with a fresh trout!
    I may be wrong... But a 4 footer? That's pretty unrealistic isn't it? I hate to be a Debbie downer. Plz correct me if I'm wrong though fellas.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to both of you for your feedback. I would love to catch a 4 footer, that'll put a bend in your rod and cramp up your arm! I visited Shadow Cliffs today just to take a look (checked out the pond area as well), didn't see any carp, but saw quite a few good sized trout swimming in the margins. Also, bumped into a guy at the tackle store today- he said he had just caught a couple of big trout at Don Castro- I think I'll check it out tomorrow. I might like carp fishing, but nothing wrong with a fresh trout!

Post Thanks / Like

Chabot does have large carp (along with trout, bass and catfish). Not many ppl target carp but they're some of the best fighters out there and they're finicky with soft lips so you have to finesse the fight too!

Quarry Lakes in fremont has some major carp too. I've seen easy 4 footers in there.

Good luck and welcome!

fnf

Post Thanks / Like

There are some big carp at the back ponds at shadow cliffs in pleasanton. Several spots in the delta and aqueduct also have carp. Seen them at lake del valle and los vaqueros (livermore), and lake anderson in morgan hill. Basically they are everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Big carp in Chabot Lake (Hayward)?

Hi, new to forum and the Bay Area. I enjoy 'catch and release' carp fishing. Does anyone have any knowledge if Chabot Lake has any good size carp? If so, any advice on best location on that lake and bait, etc. Also, any advice on any other local lakes in the Bay Area, that may contain decent carp, would be much appreciated.
    Cheers!