Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ken's Custom Tackle at Pyramid

[quote author=Capt.Ken link=1240262456/0#12 date=1240798863]Good Job Otdrsmn. *What a Great Fish!!!! Always willing to do custom work for you guys.
    okie--the dfs have worked extremely well for the strippers for alot of my customers. *Run them like you got them. the connecting line is 20lb. test, premium VMC hooks, they have been catching big salmon up in alaska just like they are, they are designed for getting them big hogs. *The best colors of the dfs for strippers would be the pearly blue, rainbow, firetiger and kokanee. *
    Just finished painting your other df, should be in the mail this week.

THanksCapt. Ken Well if that's the case. I need a pond smelt DF for Oroville Coho's ND Almanor bows, king & browns/

Post Thanks / Like

thanks ken, i appreciate it.

Capt.Ken

Good Job Otdrsmn. What a Great Fish!!!! Always willing to do custom work for you guys.

okie--the dfs have worked extremely well for the strippers for alot of my customers. Run them like you got them. the connecting line is 20lb. test, premium VMC hooks, they have been catching big salmon up in alaska just like they are, they are designed for getting them big hogs. The best colors of the dfs for strippers would be the pearly blue, rainbow, firetiger and kokanee.
    Just finished painting your other df, should be in the mail this week.

THanks
    Capt. Ken

metalmouth

The best would probably be the Shad and Glow Shad if they came DF. They should work just the way they are! Any silver combo or anything with red/white would work as well.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks mm, i'll try it on 1 or 2, what colors do you think would be the best to try for striper?
    bill

metalmouth

Okie, if you are taking them Striper fishing you will want to change out the hooks to 4X and the connecting leader to something that will take a huge hit from a 30lb. fish. ;D

Post Thanks / Like

ken, i am goin striper fishin next weekend at brannon, do the df's do good with stripers?
    bill

Post Thanks / Like

Ken,

Thanks again for the custom paint jobs on the DF's! *[smiley=worthy.gif] *

Caught fish on most of them and using the black & purple DF I caught this 7 lb 26 inch beauty! *[smiley=yahoo.gif] *

Figures that the one DF I didn't have (nickel/red) was the one Kevin was slaying them on! * :'( * I'll be contacting you soon to pick up one of those and some of your new diamond back spoons! * ;)

Hearing on the radio it seemed like everyone that was using the DF's were catching fish and on various colors! * I knew that the watermellon color would work as it seems to be a good color at Pyramid! *:)

Thanks again for making such great gear that works! *[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

OTDRSMN

Post Thanks / Like

Ken, the U20 flatfish were my hot lures for the weekend, caught the first fish of the day both days, good for $5 each from Sam and Ken. Your double flutters were working good too. Wish I had one those red spoons that Kevin was using on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

Thing is that everything you sent me worked. It was a pleasure meeting the inventor at the fest. Thanks for all the help Ken......Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast