Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    metalmouth

Re: UVR 2-15-08 Report

Off topic replies have been moved to This Thread:

Capt.Ken

Hey Willbilly just got the boat on the new trailer!!
    Gearing up to head back to UVR early Monday morning.
    Alaskan's not on the truck yet. Will have to pass on getting snowed in. But it won't be too long til I'm ready for an extended stay at UVR.
    Looks like I'm going to be busy painting lures this next week. Give me a call.
    Capt. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

For everyone heading to UVR:

Parking is limited to like one spot.

And the biggie is if I had plastic fenders I would be replacing them today.

While a better plow job than I remember last year, :) it was not possible for my driving skills to keep the 23' trailer out of the snow bank and the fenders from pushing snow/Ice

Turns @ the upper parking turn to the lower ramp and the turnaround circle @ the ramp. are hard to make.

More Snow is on the way next week.

Ken maybe we should dig out a spot for the Alaskans & just get snowed in @ the lake. ;) *

WB

Post Thanks / Like

Ken just sent you an order for 8 of them

Capt.Ken

Mongo,
    The dfs have worked very well at pyramid in the past. especially the nickel w/blue tape.
    while working on this new pattern, pyramid was in the back of my mind. it is a more natural looking rainbow pattern. coated with triple glow paint and a red uv lateral line. Even though it is has only been proven on the macks it should be great at pyramid.
    Capt. Ken

Post Thanks / Like

Good job on breaking your new boat in with style 8-) I think I will have to pick up some of those lures, they would work great at pyramid as well in those colors ;)

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Ken
    Fished UVR today with Willbilly. *
    Road conditions were clear. *However there was patchy ice on many of the turns that could be hazardous. *4-wheel drives are a must. *Ramp by the dam is open, but minimal parking area. *Snow drifts 5-6 feet. *We were the only boat on the lake, which was a good thing since there wasn't anymore room for parking another rig.
    Weather and scenery was beautiful. *Water temp. was 39-40 degrees. *The winds were light.

Good stuff. Very nice fish. You got to hit that place between storms.

CC
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

metalmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Capt.Ken
    MM-It was great getting back out. *It's been great to be able to get out with Willbilly since my boat has been in the shop. *But we will get it back tomorrow, then got to get it on the new trailer, then I'll be back out on the water Monday.
    Capt. Ken
    Ken,

You know I'll be checking this board for the report! Good luck and Hot releases!

Don

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Ken and Willbilly.I wish I would have made it up there with you.I have to work saturday sunday and monday Ken.I will call you monday night to let you know if tuesday is a is a good day to meet up for a test cruise with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you ever seen chubbier Macks look at the shape guys

You can’t tell by the photo but Kens fish is about 3-4 pounds larger than mine.

Good shot of the lateral line UV stripe *on the Pro Glow Double Flutter *What was the name of it again CRS???LOL

For *you sniffers that don’t know Ken has come up with a system of combining layers of paint on his gear with over layers of small amounts of Glow with UV overlay. In his/our testing last year we found that with no doubts there is something to it when it comes to catching fish.
    WB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast