Thread: Sly Park Macks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sly Park Macks

I like to use big jointed lures such as P-Line and Rebels. Mark them up with sharpies. The weirder the custom job the better and add scent!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    UVR has best Mack fishing by far.The lake is pretty full and I have had good luck there....Over the past few 3 yrs. I've caught 4 fish between 16 and 22 lbs...If you can afford a guide call Ken Mathis..he taught me alot,even though I went out with him only once.I,m pretty sure Icehouse doesn't have any Macks.Just rainbows and browns.. The Sunset ramp at UVR is now open...Good Luck,Bluesman..

Thanks bluesman! Made it out to UVR yesterday, we launched at West Point, which was interesting without a dock in place. Trolled for Macks for a couple hours using different flat fish. No dice. So we changed gears and went for Kokes. Got 1... Beautiful 16" Koke. My mom caught a couple nice rainbows dragging a worm with split shot. First time up there and WOW. Looks like a Bob Ross painting. Far cry from Berryessa. Looking forward to learning that body of water.

Post Thanks / Like

UVR has best Mack fishing by far.The lake is pretty full and I have had good luck there....Over the past few 3 yrs. I've caught 4 fish between 16 and 22 lbs...If you can afford a guide call Ken Mathis..he taught me alot,even though I went out with him only once.I,m pretty sure Icehouse doesn't have any Macks.Just rainbows and browns.. The Sunset ramp at UVR is now open...Good Luck,Bluesman..
    Last edited by bluesman; 06-02-2015 at 06:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koke Dude View Post
    speeds are generally slower.7-2 work for us. I have had success with double flutters , big rapalas and of course herring behind a dodger.

Right on, I appreciate it. Actually debating either Sly park, UVR or Ice House. Hows the launching at UVR? Never fished there. Spend most of my time at Berryessa. But hope to get to know more lakes off the HWY 50 corridor. More than likely will be relocating up to the foothills within the next year.

Post Thanks / Like

speeds are generally slower.7-2 work for us. I have had success with double flutters , big rapalas and of course herring behind a dodger.

Post Thanks / Like

Sly Park Macks

I am looking at heading up to do some fishing with my Pop. He lives near Sly park, so I am reaching out for some info on the Macks here. I'm new to the trolling world, spent a bit of time chasing Kokes, but want to get into some Macks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Lures?
    depth?
    Speed?

Thanks again!!!