Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trout recipes

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Trout recipes

Quote Originally Posted by CAL.NDN View Post
    That sounds delicious but not sure I could do the cold part. You can eat it while its warm still right? Or does the cooling bring out the flavors in the sour milk.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Of course you can eat it warm but I assure you it's even more delicious when it's cold

2. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That sounds delicious but not sure I could do the cold part. You can eat it while its warm still right? Or does the cooling bring out the flavors in the sour milk.

THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried trout in sour milk? It's very simple: you need 4 trouts of 300 gr, 2 litres of sour milk, 6 cloves of garlic in tiny pieces, oil, salt and pepper. After cleaning the trouts fry them in a lot of oil. Put the garlic in the sour milk, add a little salt and stir. Pour the milk over the fried trout in a deeper pan. Then pour one spoon of oil and a little black pepper. Cover the pan with an aluminium foil, put the pan in the fridge and wait for 4 hours and that's all. I was in Montenegro 2 years ago for looking to buy apartments for sale in Montenegro and a cook living there taught me this special recipe. He said people in Montenegro really loves everything with trout.
    trout-in-sour-cream-montenegro.jpg
    Last edited by Nelson_49; 08-20-2019 at 03:23 AM.

5. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

All ways are good.
    2 my favorite ways are
    Filet skin dust in flour fry and add a mushroom, onion, garlic sauteed in butter over top after fried
    Or
    Skin filet stick on a dish rub olive oil and soy sauce and black pepper on both sides let sit in fridge for a hour take out and broil 6 inches under broiler for 8 to 10 mins and serve with a little fresh squeezed lemon over top.

Amazing eat them both on average 1 to 2 times a week most of the year. Mmmm mmmm good.

Ps that pic I have with the morel's were ones I found while fishing so that was even more tastier and special. The other is just the normal baby bella butter.

Last edited by CAL.NDN; 06-21-2019 at 08:03 PM.
    THE TUG IS MY DRUG & THE WATER IS MY DRINK.

7. Likes MKE, dsa2780 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Trout recipes

Quote Originally Posted by Ldubs View Post
    Mrs Ldubs sometimes makes trout fried rice. She cooks the filets then kind of breaks them up to mix with the fried rice. Not sure what kind of seasoning but she does frequently use juice from those little calamansi (calamondin?) fruits from a tree in the yard. Tastes pretty good.
    Sorry I am so late to this thread, but my favorite trout recipe is simple just smoke it with some alder chips and in a bath of white wine and some Chief Prudomes Red Fish Seasoning sprinkled on top. Smoked fish is important as well....Jetspray
    2003 Alumaweld, 19'6", Chevy vortec V-6, SD-309 american turbine jet, T-8 Yamaha kicker, waiting for the tackle fairy to show up to fill my boxes

Post Thanks / Like

Mrs Ldubs sometimes makes trout fried rice. She cooks the filets then kind of breaks them up to mix with the fried rice. Not sure what kind of seasoning but she does frequently use juice from those little calamansi (calamondin?) fruits from a tree in the yard. Tastes pretty good.

10. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Shad tastes like trout. I brought one home because it was hooked way in the gills and wouldn't survive.
    Descaled at the river! Leave that stink there. Wrap in alum foil butter,pepper. garlic, sprinkle onion soup mix, I didn't have a onion and lemon juice.
    Leave the skin on and the head. Cook in BBQ 350ish open the foil check to see if it flakes easy. Turn off BBQ and let it set awhile.
    You know when you are cleaning fish, cut the V area under the lower jaw and pull down it will remove the gills and the front two fins.
    Get that foil wrapped fish, fork along the back through the skin to the tail,remove the top fin, lift the head and genitally separate the meat from the bones while lifting the fish. If it is done right you will get the majority of the bones. You will have to pick though but its not as bad as I envisioned from what everyone has said to me.The taste is great light and not fishy at all.

12. Likes Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We have stabbed them with a willow branch and placed over a camp fire......
    used a frying pan or metal grill, even in a over or under a grill if inside.

Cleaned them, then rolled in flour or corn meal that has been infused with spices........ (pan)
    rolled up in foil with butter, syrup, brown sugar or hot sauce w/tomatoes....... (camp)

You can fillet them or just peel the skin off the cleaned fish by pulling the head backwards
    and fry in butter & oil......... watch for bones.

Its all good.

14. Likes CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for seasoning, try = parts garlic pepper, and lemon pepper. Lemon pepper alone actually works very well.

16. Likes Tifoso, burninfuel, Jetspray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[IMG2][/IMG2]
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaGreg View Post
    Real simple for me, bbq (time depends on size of fish), right on the grill and then some cajun spice when they are done, pretty damn good!

The taters are a good compliment too.
    I have never tried Cajun spice until couple days ago it has little fire to it but good your right

18. Likes Jetspray liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast