Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: since i asked this

Quote Originally Posted by scanoe fisher View Post
    i have tried to research more but as we all know the darn regs. are so hard to fathom. Even as I read them I am not sure what I am seeing. Best I can tell it usually depends on which region one is in if minnows alive or dead are legal bait. It appears that Comanche is actually in the Sierra district? So they would be illegal there but it has nothing to do with the mussel inspections. I think! Love to hear from anyone who can understand this c--p better than I do. But thanks to you who at least tried. Pretty sure I saw someplace in my reading that they would be legal in Don Pedro but don't take my word for it. Might have to change my name to "seriously confused"
    You're over thinking this, just log onto the camanche website and it tells you right there

Post Thanks / Like

since i asked this

i have tried to research more but as we all know the darn regs. are so hard to fathom. Even as I read them I am not sure what I am seeing. Best I can tell it usually depends on which region one is in if minnows alive or dead are legal bait. It appears that Comanche is actually in the Sierra district? So they would be illegal there but it has nothing to do with the mussel inspections. I think! Love to hear from anyone who can understand this c--p better than I do. But thanks to you who at least tried. Pretty sure I saw someplace in my reading that they would be legal in Don Pedro but don't take my word for it. Might have to change my name to "seriously confused"

Old and In The Way
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question for Comanche and Melones guys

I have heard of people fishing with live minnows in Don Pedro, but I don't know if it is legal to do so.
    ---
    Avery, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Re: minnows not allowed at Comanche?

Quote Originally Posted by scanoe fisher View Post
    Not disputing just surprised. I thought they are legal in pretty much all the foothill lakes below 49? Guess better check the regs closely before venturing out again.
    Guess maybe I should clarify, I'd assume that Comanche won't let you bring in minnows considering they are doing mussel inspections and since a boat that has water in it won't be allowed to launch, I doubt they'd allow somebody to bring them in.

5. Likes Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

minnows not allowed at Comanche?

Not disputing just surprised. I thought they are legal in pretty much all the foothill lakes below 49? Guess better check the regs closely before venturing out again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by QueenAnnesRevenge View Post
    Haven't tried it.
    But think Comanche would have too many bass and crappie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Definitely not allowed at Comanche. Could work at Melones.

Senior Member QueenAnnesRevenge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't tried it.
    But think Comanche would have too many bass and crappie

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Question Question for Comanche and Melones guys

Do any of you ever try drifting or slow trolling with live minnows in these lakes? Been a few years now but my buddies and I used to do pretty well with this at Berryessa. Seems that most that post here are lure or hardware users. Just curious if it is worth a try in these lakes? Thanks in advance for any responses. Scanoe Fisher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12