Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Good fishing lakes to backpack to?

Depends entirely upon where your planning on going. No high elevation I fish at are the lakes thawed. May not be til Mid-July. Generically speaking look at you east west highways. 80/50/88/104/108 all have some amazing backcountry fishing and the terrain is as varied as can be.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks I'll defiantly be sure to bring some bug spray. Currently the snow is still very dense at 7000 ft. It's best under 6000ft according to the forestry service. If anyone can think of any lakes or areas of California I should research i would greatly appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

In my youth (a long time ago) I back packed and fished all over the Sierras. I know there's still a lot of snow there and don't know what the conditions are currently so I can't make any suggestions. A word of advice, as the weather warms, with all the water up there the mosquito situation is going to be unbelievably bad this year. Be sure to pack mosquitoe repellent.
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Post Thanks / Like

Good fishing lakes to backpack to?

Hey there a couple of buddies and I are trying to backpack to a good trout fishing lake in California. The problem is we got so much snow this yr that most places are still inaccessible. We are trying to find a spot with a couple lakes connected or close together. Preferably something 4+ miles so it's not too crowded.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12