Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idaho trout

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Idaho trout

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I'm jealous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firetrout View Post
    I'm fishing this Saturday on Lake Pend Orielle with a guide. First timer
    Let us know how you do.
    Taking off and flying is easy, it's the landings that will kill you.

Oh Yeah!...Salmon!...Everything else is just practice.

Post Thanks / Like

ill be traveling up there myself shortly looking for a retirement place. Can't wait to get out of Kalifornia!

4. Likes Troutbead liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Compassion View Post
    Beautiful trout Bal. I knew that Idhao wouldn't disapoint.
    I'm fishing this Saturday on Lake Pend Orielle with a guide. First timer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Folsomtroller22 View Post
    Great pictures! My wife and I have discussed many times over the years about moving to Idaho. If we don't decide sooner than later we probably will stay here in California. If we "pull the trigger" to go, where is the ideal place in Idaho
    to reside? We love to catch fish or even try to catch but we are accustomed to the northern CA climate so is there somewhat of a mild climate somewhere in the state? Opinions from everyone with knowledge of Idaho are welcome.
    I live in Ammon which is basically Idaho falls. It's very nice and cheap to live here but the winters are VERY cold and snows ALOT! If you're into ice fishing there's alot of good places for that... I'm not into standing on 4 inches of ice so I don't bother with that but spring, summer, and fall it's on! Lol

Sent from my Z828 using Tapatalk

7. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishwrong2 View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, are any of those from Palisades Reservoir? Have read a lot about it and looking to line up a family trip there next year. Gets the juices flowing reading, but never sure how things really are until you get there. Drove past it, and it was low, but daydreamed of the big fish it's supposed to have.
    Yes some of those pics are from Palisades, but the river below the dam is better. I usually will fish the reservoir if the river is running high and muddy as is the case right now, or if I bring the kiddos.... Below Palisades dam is the start of the South fork snake river which boasts 5000+ trout per mile and all the fly guides charge $2000+ per trip to guide it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Steelhead fishing on the Lower Snake, Clearwater, and closer to you, Salmon river can be awesome!

10. Likes CAL916BEAR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CAL916BEAR View Post
    Thanks guys! The trout fishing is spectacular. I live 15 min. From the South fork of the snake river... But not gonna lie, I miss striper fishing and this board. There is an Idaho fishing forum but it's not very active... I met and had alot of fun with the great people I've met on this board over the years... If anybody ever makes it up this way shoot me a pm and I'll be happy to show you some spots or at least point you in the right direction.

Great pictures! My wife and I have discussed many times over the years about moving to Idaho. If we don't decide sooner than later we probably will stay here in California. If we "pull the trigger" to go, where is the ideal place in Idaho
    to reside? We love to catch fish or even try to catch but we are accustomed to the northern CA climate so is there somewhat of a mild climate somewhere in the state? Opinions from everyone with knowledge of Idaho are welcome.

Senior Member Captain Compassion's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful trout Bal. I knew that Idhao wouldn't disapoint.
    Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast; in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish. -- Ovid

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't mind my asking, are any of those from Palisades Reservoir? Have read a lot about it and looking to line up a family trip there next year. Gets the juices flowing reading, but never sure how things really are until you get there. Drove past it, and it was low, but daydreamed of the big fish it's supposed to have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast