Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pmid 6-30

Post Thanks / Like

Re: pmid 6-30

Quote Originally Posted by MKE View Post
    Now that I know you can wade I'll be fishing Sept. 30 after I set up camp!

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk
    be careful where you are throwing, the only fish you can keep is sac perch, and the only way
    I have heard of catching them is by jigging around rock piles,
    be safe

2. Likes Captain Compassion liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PMR#9 View Post
    I

Not trying to be a dick But you boys should know better than putting those fish on that black mat 4 photos . I have seen it in every post you make .Carry a towel and wet it and put it down first

It's my boat, my camera, I take the pictures, and I post them. Going forward, please direct any opinions you may have regarding the way I set up my boat directly to me.

No, I'm not going to carry a towel and wet it and place the fish on it. Even a wet towel is more abrasive than the rubber mat that's in the bottom of my boat and will remove more of the fishes protective slime than the rubber mat.

Also, this is the first time I've ever heard of this technique with the wet towel. Where did you come up with that. I've never seen it in any of the "the proper way to release fish" articles. Most say not to net them and release them in the water. Do you do that?

Please enlighten me on the survival of the species of hatchery fish.

All due respect.....

Last edited by hooks; 07-01-2017 at 05:35 AM.
    Catch ya later ... hooks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappieJed View Post
    Yeah Okie what's the deal shall I bring my big beach towel or or better yet I can bring bed cover they hold lots water
    don't worry about it, we'll find a way to protect the fish. their health and safety is important to us.
    see you in oct.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

No sir . That mat is wet when you catch a fish and the net puts some water on it .A towel dunked in the water and placed on the mat will go a long way In the survival of this species .
    Yeah Okie what's the deal shall I bring my big beach towel or or better yet I can bring bed cover they hold lots water

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    appreciate your opinion, however, that mat is wet, that is where we land the fish, remove the hookfrom it get it out of the net, take a pic and put it back in the water, and ensure it is not a 'floater'. ifwe decide to keep a fish, we put it on a stringer and cut its gills. in the 3 or 4 years I've been fishingwith hooks, we have never left a fish floating on the surface, we have spent considerable time ensuringthey get back down, to fight another day.
    be safe
    No sir . That mat is wet when you catch a fish and the net puts some water on it .A towel dunked in the water and placed on the mat will go a long way In the survival of this species .

Post Thanks / Like

You hear it all hear don't old them bye the gill plate don't grab there jaws...you use omniflex that's stuff junk...hmm m right

Post Thanks / Like

I

Not trying to be a dick But you boys should know better than putting those fish on that black mat 4 photos . I have seen it in every post you make .Carry a towel and wet it and put it down first
    Then don't be...you afwade little fishy going to die COME ON! Those tuff fish man

Post Thanks / Like

I

appreciate your opinion, however, that mat is wet, that is where we land the fish, remove the hookfrom it get it out of the net, take a pic and put it back in the water, and ensure it is not a 'floater'. ifwe decide to keep a fish, we put it on a stringer and cut its gills. in the 3 or 4 years I've been fishingwith hooks, we have never left a fish floating on the surface, we have spent considerable time ensuringthey get back down, to fight another day.
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

I
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    slow day today, we only managed 38 I think o the boat. big 1 was 31" 13lb 5oz for don.
    didn't get a pic, by the time he landed it, measured it, weighed it, just got it back in the
    water. been thebest year for me, thanks don for another wonderful day and season
    on the water.

until oct
    be safe

Post Thanks / Like

Take virtual tour of the dam blow you away. Longest dam in America

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast