Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Beginner tips for catching landlocked steelhead?

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    My response was informative, polite and respectful. Did not mean it to be any other way. You have a chip on your shoulder and a nasty little temper in addition to being an ignorant little b...... d If I wanted to give you a douchebag reply you would know it.
    By doing a little research you could have researched steelhead fishing on the net and then come to this forum and asked a more informed and intelligent question instead of the dumb ass question you did. I tried to give you a little guidance but you weren't bright enough to see it. Try a little politeness yourself and don't go calling people names just because you don't like an answer. Better yet try another forum.
    Interesting that Troutbead liked the post, huh?
    I have yet to read any of your posts that wasn't informative and kind. I wouldn't worry about it. :)
    Fungaiolo/Cacciatore/Pescatore

-Lou (Louis)

2. Likes Waterdog, CRABBY, CAL.NDN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nor_Cal_Drifter View Post
    If you want to get uber technical and say those are not Steelhead because they do not go to the ocean I guess you could
    Correct.

4. Likes Waterdog, MKE, CRABBY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually there is such a thing as a landlocked Steelhead. There are a few locations in the northern part of CA that I know of where smolts hatched from Steelhead eggs (from a Steelhead river) have been planted in a lake (Lake Sonoma, Thermalito Afterbay). If you want to get uber technical and say those are not Steelhead because they do not go to the ocean I guess you could, but they're offspring of sea run Rainbows and the DFW refers to them as Steelhead, so that's how most anglers refer to them.
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

6. Likes SteelHunter, dilbeck, ucsbfisherman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this thread is pretty much done. I don't plan to respond to it anymore. If the op continues his whining because he needs his diaper changed the mods can yank the thread (if they want)
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

8. Likes CRABBY liked this post
    Dislikes Troutbead disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This ought to get interesting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaliAngler View Post
    You don't have to give a douchebag answer. Asking questions is doing research. Why don't you have a little respect for a beginner and correct me in a polite way instead of being an *******.
    BAAAAWWWWWWWW,........

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent advice SteelyMan. LMAO
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

12. Likes BigUnInDaBoat, jjb liked this post
    Dislikes Troutbead disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaliAngler View Post
    You don't have to give a douchebag answer. Asking questions is doing research. Why don't you have a little respect for a beginner and correct me in a polite way instead of being an *******.
    Yes, that was very rude of him. I'll try to help you out. I would use a 6ft rod with 50lb mono, 4-5 oz sinker and a bobber. For bait i would try Escargot. Good luck, look forward to hearing your report.

14. Dislikes Troutbead, jjb disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My response was informative, polite and respectful. Did not mean it to be any other way. You have a chip on your shoulder and a nasty little temper in addition to being an ignorant little b...... d If I wanted to give you a douchebag reply you would know it.
    By doing a little research you could have researched steelhead fishing on the net and then come to this forum and asked a more informed and intelligent question instead of the dumb ass question you did. I tried to give you a little guidance but you weren't bright enough to see it. Try a little politeness yourself and don't go calling people names just because you don't like an answer. Better yet try another forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Waterdog View Post
    Steelhead are rainbow trout that are Anadromous meaning they return to salt water/sea. They spawn in fresh water and return to the sea. Unlike salmon they survive spawning. There is no such thing as a landlocked steelhead. If it's landlocked then it's a rainbow and not a steelhead.
    Your question is a little vague and nonspecific for an answer. Do a little reasearch and then ask more specific questions.

17. Likes Troutbead liked this post
    Dislikes Waterdog, CRABBY, ampm, jjb disliked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast