Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What is the Best Baitcast Reel for beginners?

Shimano curado

Post Thanks / Like

What price point...?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve had my Shimano tr2000 for 3 years now and yesterday I went for the perfect cast and let my thumb slip and with that... busted off my whole set up that left me just a bare hook and a bird nest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Hook Re: What is the Best Baitcast Reel for beginners?

Bait casting reels are stronger type of reel that gives mechanical advantage. This reel offers heavier lures and lines to catch for larger fishes. You may need a year worth practice to master the bait casting reel. Before buying a bait casting reel you should consider some of factors as stated below:
    - Fishing lines
    - Lures
    - Gear ratio
    - Spool tension
    You can find several different types of bait casting reels available in the market. Each type of reel has been associated with own characteristics unlike other reels. But, you should be very comfortable of which reel and fishing style suits you most.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Relag View Post
    I also need a recommendation on a good saltwater reel for Sharks.
    Fishing from boat or shore? Levelwind or no? Star or leaver drag? Type of materials? All things we need to know.

Post Thanks / Like

I also need a recommendation on a good saltwater reel for Sharks.

Post Thanks / Like

HMMMMM !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got 4 people started with Penn Squl 15's on Uglystik Tiger rods while throwing 4 oz weights. After a ton of swearing at me and overruns they all gladly still use their setups a year later and can throw 8 oz with no overrun. We use them for the salt.

Post Thanks / Like

The first thing is to know the difference between a level wind reel and a bait caster. They may look similar but one is for casting bait and the other for still fishing and trolling. There are some that claim to do both and they often can with some compromises.

if you are really wanting to learn to cast bait then the most important feature the reel should come with is a means of setting spool tension.
    You will find reels that have cast control and come with weights that you can change and all sorts of stuff to overcome back lash. I have several reels with that stuff and I've never used it. I rely solely on the spool tension and learning when to slow the spool with my thumb. You don't need an expensive reel to start but going too cheap can quickly destroy your will to continue.

10. Likes basskeeter1, Paintguy liked this post
    Patron Saint of Forum Moderators redneckpunk's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As previously stated, depends a lot on skill level, how much usage it will get and your budget. A lot of decent -good baitcasters out there that won't break your bank. When I was first learning I wasn't sure I was going to get the hang of it or like it so I didn't want to spend a lot on something that may end up on a shelf collecting dust. I picked up a cheap Abu Garcia Black Max from WalMart and paired it with a cheap Lightening Rod. Now that rod and reel, several years later, serve as a backup and the gear I give to any "beginners" on my boat until they get a feel for the baitcasters. It gives you the basics at 1/2 the cost of what most people will say is a "quality" reel. The Silver Max is also a low cost beginner baitcaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Likes CRABBY, Paintguy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast