Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishrite boat opinion

Chose my screen name because I owned a Fishrite at the time. Had to sell it to take care of the family, and sure wish I had it back. Best boat I ever owned. As others have said, anything that goes wrong is fixable. Motor, trailer, upholstery will wear with age and need repairs or replaced as some point regardless of the manufacturer. The boat itself will last a life time.

New boats are fun, pretty, and it's nice to have something under warranty, so if those things are worth the price of a new one to you, go for it. If not, you've probably got something that can be re-powered and upholstered as many times as you care to. Pretty good problem to have in my opinion.

STICK N FISH&FOLD N FOWL honksrworkn's Avatar
    No Cal .... Between the Sac and Feather ..
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure what type of power you have so this may or may not apply. One thing that happens a lot with heavy al boats is due to their costs, the engines are often undersized to save money. If a buyer is financing dealers will often downsize the motor to get them qualified and stay within budget. If that's the case, you can repower with a new motor and once again have a great boat.

That use so true , my 17.5 Alumaweld is built like a tank , thick gauge Aluminum but its what you need for Rivers were you might bump rocks and stuff ... The boat itself weighs like I wanna say 2300lbs ... not heavy compared to many and espcially a fiberglass boat ... But like many it was and still is severely underpowered a real Dog IMO , but after going to a 10 pitch 4 blade its tolerable ... Still sucks and needs at least a 90 four stroke or better a 75 2 stroke ... Fourstrokes suck IMO as far as power , great on fuel but that's about it ... Can't put a jet lower on my 60 elpt because it won't plane , other hand if it was a 2 stroke 60 , jet lower no problem .....
    Fishrite is another one of the best made , its not your boat it sounds like your underpowered as stated above .....if you re power go with a 2 stroke , the power is immediate... And they're cheaper than the 4 strokes .... Both have their good and bad ... Guess I was spoiled growing up as a kid , I fished outta new Ranger bass boats with tons of HP most of my life back then .. But I wasn't paying for the fuel either .... They do suck the fuel .....

Post Thanks / Like

About the only reason to try to upgrade would be for an improved hull design. Several heavy gauge aluminum boat builders are now offering progressive entries with an 18 degree deadrise. This dramatically improves the ride in any water condition, an advantage previously only available in thin aluminum boats like the Starcrafts.

I'm not sure what type of power you have so this may or may not apply. One thing that happens a lot with heavy al boats is due to their costs, the engines are often undersized to save money. If a buyer is financing dealers will often downsize the motor to get them qualified and stay within budget. If that's the case, you can repower with a new motor and once again have a great boat.

The options are many so research your dreams thoroughly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishrite View Post
    hopefully this post is in the right area

... have no problems for me its a little heavy but I'm dealing with it..
    Plz clarify "A little heavy"? IMO a heavier aluminum boat is a lot more desireable than a light "thin" hull like a Starcraft.

My previous 19' Bayrunner Baja's hull was thin compared to my current 19' Alumaweld which btw ride a lot nicer out in the ocean.
    23.5' Duckworth Navigator, Yamaha F150

5. Likes EG1120, reeltor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Fishrite is a well built aluminum boat. If something were to fail that would be repaired by the company under warranty, it would have done so eons ago. Any competent fabricator could repair any issues at this point, but the likely hood of an issue is exceptionally slim.

I would have zero concerns about the current state of whatever company built my boat once the warranty is up.

Heck, I have a North River that was built before/during their homicide/divorce/BK drama.

Unless you just want a new toy I wouldn't see a reason to sell/replace.

Post Thanks / Like

What wrong with the boat? Or do you just want a new boat. Fishrite is a well build boat I have a Design Concept and love it The company that built mine closed up also. Does not mean the boat is bad.

Post Thanks / Like

If you want a new one and have the means to buy it. Go for it.

What boats were u looking at?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishrite boat opinion

hopefully this post is in the right area

my boat is a 1997 19ft aluminum boat in fine/good condition bought it used a good while back have had and right now have no problems for me its a little heavy but I'm dealing with it

I just found out the original went out of business its not like I'm going to drive up to Oregon have them work on it IF there was something wrong

SO here my question should I sell and buy a newer boat

I feel I don't need to just throwing it out there info is always good

thank you