Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Truck Air Conditioning Question

Waterdog, I just got a call back from my buddy. He said on my Dodge, it's an actuator not actuating. Like what Super Dave said, the dash has to come out. He also said on my truck that there are four or five actuators and to replace all of them since the majority of the cost is labor getting to them. Not sure if this is what's going on with your truck, but it's a start.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a blend door,there may be a TSB for it.Dash usually has to come out......

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an 04.5 Ram 2500 and I just recently noticed out of the four vents across the dash, the two to the left are blowing ice cold and the two to the right are a lot warmer. My wife pointed that out to me on our way to Arizona last month. Not sure what you're driving but I've got a call into a buddy of mine. I'll post when I hear back.

Post Thanks / Like

There are dampers in the system. And I had a similar problem. Running it the way it is risks burning up some other components. On my Dodge, they had to remove the entire dash to fix it, $1,300. Hope yours is an easier fix.

2003 Jetcraft SK215
    150 HP Yamaha, 8 HP Yamaha T8 & 80 Lbs Minn Kota Riptide, 2006 Dodge Dually

Post Thanks / Like

Truck Air Conditioning Question

Driving home today I noticed only one vent out of 4 was blowing cold air. The other three were blowing uncooled air. There are 4 vents on the dash and only the one on the left side of the steering wheel is cold air, the other three, 2 in the middle and one on the passenger side are not cold. I’ve done a lot of work on cars but never messed with the a/c or vents. Any idea what the problem may be?
    Hunting, Fishing and Labrador Retrievers and at the end of the day a glass of Buffalo Trace Whiskey- Life is Sweet.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12